Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 09:24 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Getting the coins/xp's

Here's an idea, been kinda thumbing through the forum..havent seen this yet..but, how about a PAY BUTTON..click the pay button after each job, whether harvesting or plowing get paid instantly. As far as the number of workers hired, I myself have seen this repeatedly, pretty silly i think..no concideration fo rthe hired hands, and it does seem to lag alot when working a farm. And ive seen alot of crops being left behind, why would this be with so many workers? As for the Fire button, would be a good idea. As for the game itself, its pretty fun..I'm on level 60 , got there in a short time. I'm hooked..please put it back the way it was..its way to slow now. I dont want ot lose interest in the game.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:24 AM

First of all, thank you for listening to all of us. I do love this game. I would prefer to go back to the way it was. Thank you again and Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:26 AM
Account Not Linked

Smile Don"t do it

Please don't go back. I read through the post yesterday - all 30+ pages. The biggest conplaint was it was too slow. I beg to differ. I just plowed a 700+ farm in about 5 minues. It was a little slow getting started. Initialization took about 30 seconds. After that it was almost as fast as I could move my mouse and click. The biggest problem I had was moving the mouse while still holding down the button and moving the screen.

If you want to fix something - how about the connection lost problem. I was on and lost it twice doing the same field for a friend. What is the proper procedure to follow when the connection is lost to get back to the field I was doing when it happened? I have tried some things like clicking Save twice, disconnecting and reconnecting, waiting. All to no avail. I would like to hear from the developers the proper way. I have lost much time, coins, and XP because of this.
Thank you

I've just finished ploughing for someone. They had also hired another farmer to plough. The other farmer managed to plough about a third of what I had done in the same time. It was interesting to watch her jumping about all over the place. She was indeed very slow. But after I advised her she soon picked up speed. I think those that only ever knew the 'quick' way will be the ones that find the change slow. Those that have been playing a while have learnt how to be more efficient and therefore 'quick.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Hoss View Post
Nah, you're wrong, I was always complimented on how fast I was at harvesting and plowing using the old queing method and have been complimented a few times today at how quick I've mastered the new method. It just takes skill and co-ordination.

Have ya noticed how many more people have posted in this latest thread that the new method is actually good???

They're the ones who've given it a chance and actually get it.
Nah, you are actually wrong. I get compliments on every job that I do and I think that this new update sucks!! Lack of skill and coordination is not why people are upset. They are upset because it is sooooo much slower this way than it was before the update. I was hired for a harvest job last night on a farm full of blueberries and I asked the farmer to hire other people to help me because I got so frustrated at how long it was taking me to harvest. I felt bad for the farmer who was waiting for me to harvest for her.

The new method is not "acually good". I think the new method is the the worst idea since Daewoo decided to build cars, LOL.

I'm completely disappointed to learn you are changing it back. I really like it!

I've had issues for quite some time now with being hired to plow, after harvesting. I'm not able to do it at all. It takes SO much time to return to the farm. Yesterday, was the first time....in a long time, that I was able to be hired and return to the farm to plow, as quickly as every one else. Not to mention, the way it is now....people don't run you over! And yes, I lose coins and XP quite often. The current way, seemed to fix that.

I do like the idea of only being able to hire one at a time to harvest and another to plow. Is there any way you could do a trial run of that to see how it goes? Of course, you can expect some people to complain (those that like to hire 10 people for a small area) but I think overall, most would be pleased.
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:28 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Red face Love Farmtown!!

I think the new way is Great! The only prob is...there is no time for socializing...it is a constant click click...(like it tho)...and the only other prob is that u don't have the time(that we once had) to read and look at the advertising on the right...hhmmm, best consider that!!!
I wish you would leave it the new way myself, makes it a better game! Yes game! Too dog eat dog the old way. But everything is go,go,go in this world and u can give something, but u can't take away....Folks feel u are 'taking away'....this would have been great if it was the original way before the go go go .....Wished it could stay, but know it won't. Love u guys and thank u for the game!!!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Hoss View Post
Nah, you're wrong, I was always complimented on how fast I was at harvesting and plowing using the old queing method and have been complimented a few times today at how quick I've mastered the new method. It just takes skill and co-ordination.

Have ya noticed how many more people have posted in this latest thread that the new method is actually good???

They're the ones who've given it a chance and actually get it.
Actually, this new version was not as good as the old old version -- at least then you could stand at the head of a row and get all the ones below it. With the new version your avatar has to move every turn. I've been doing this a while and really did work this through several farms before posting. I don't have time to do this new version -- I had given up on FT because of the time required until the fast farming came into place. I LOVE this game and my daughter loves this game, but if it takes an hour to harvest and plow we won't be able to play. Thank you again to the devs for reverting to the previous version!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1350645893
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:30 AM

Joining the bandwagon here to say thanks for switching back to faster harvesting/plowing ..

I am ALL for only allowing 2 hires at a time no more than that . actually I never hire more than one for 2 reasons .. one it goes faster, and two it is exciting to get and give big jobs to help someone out with their points and coins.

Im a little confused by the wording on how you want to change the hire/plow amount of people .. you say

one to plow one to harvest .. would that mean that a hire could only do one or the other? I hope that is not the case .. I feel that the one who does all the harvesting for me should have the right to do the plowing too .. its a package deal ha!

thanks for all the hard work devs
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:30 AM

Default Keep the old way, but limit workers

I do prefer the old way. I find it much more competitive, which is a good thing since this IS a game. However, in the interest of function, I believe it would be better to limit the number of workers to 2 or three. I have been on farms where 5 people are working and it just slows things down.

MrWrightAZ

Last edited by MrWrightAZ; Dec 23 2009 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Changing Notification Option
Closed Thread