Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 07 2010, 02:24 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by John P Darrow View Post
I suspect many people on Facebook, especially those who have only recently joined and have still yet to find all their real-life friends' accounts, have postings, privacy information, etc. set up to "Friends of friends" to make it easier for actual friends to find them, under the belief that their friends won't have people who are essentially strangers on their respective friends lists. While some might say they should have known better, I don't think that's appropriate. Nor have I seen a means for a user to change the privacy settings of an existing wall posting (when they realize that people are reading it who they might not want to), other than removing and reposting it. And it can have trouble the other way too - what might be the result when actual friends see the game people on your friends list, or if those game people post something that thus shows up on your wall, that your friends might not find appropriate (even if you're fine with it)?

Let me ask you this do you know each and every friend of friend on your account. I suspect the answer is no, there is no way for people to know that. If a person is so afraid of coming a cross someone they don't know on the internet or having someone they don't know see something they have put on the internet then they need to get off the internet. Unless people are posting personal information like bank account numbers or other such personal information there really is nothing people can get to hurt you with. FB is no different then anything else in life you take smart steps to protect yourself and you should be fine.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Apr 07 2010, 04:20 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I just saw this when I signed into FT. Does this mean the 30 neighbor requirement has been rescinded for the 3rd farm?
Attached Images
File Type: gif 2010-04-07_161734.gif (16.4 KB, 15 views)

----------------------------------------------------------------

You know you are a beta tester when updates come out and they don't work.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 07 2010, 04:30 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu836 View Post
I just saw this when I signed into FT. Does this mean the 30 neighbor requirement has been rescinded for the 3rd farm?
No it has always said that.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Apr 07 2010, 04:40 PM

Level:
XP:

Well one can only hope that the developes change their minds. I *think* I once saw a screenie of all the 3rd farm upgrades and after the 30 neighbor requirement was filled or you purchased with 30 neighbors and coin that all the rest of the upgrades were available for coin. Was that ever the case?

Also if every land upgrade is only available with the initial 30 neighbors plus 40 FC does that mean that more levels will have to be put up or does it mean that FT is now pay-as-you-go for land upgrades with FC being purchased?

Thank God I already have all the upgrades for farm 2 and I will never be able to acquire farm 3 but does it also mean the developers think they are ready to go "live" and that all the bugs are worked out? If this is indeed their opinion then I have a LOT more to say.

Visit 's Farm

Old Apr 07 2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Well one can only hope that the developes change their minds. I *think* I once saw a screenie of all the 3rd farm upgrades and after the 30 neighbor requirement was filled or you purchased with 30 neighbors and coin that all the rest of the upgrades were available for coin. Was that ever the case?

Also if every land upgrade is only available with the initial 30 neighbors plus 40 FC does that mean that more levels will have to be put up or does it mean that FT is now pay-as-you-go for land upgrades with FC being purchased?

Thank God I already have all the upgrades for farm 2 and I will never be able to acquire farm 3 but does it also mean the developers think they are ready to go "live" and that all the bugs are worked out? If this is indeed their opinion then I have a LOT more to say.
I'm not sure what you're asking but everything about the third farm can be bought with coins if you have 30 neighbors.
Old Apr 07 2010, 04:47 PM

Level:
XP:

yeah, basically that was my question. Thanks for the reply.

Visit 's Farm

Old Apr 07 2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they actually lowered the FC price for farm 2. I believe that is the purpose of the pop-up.
Old Apr 07 2010, 04:50 PM

Level:
XP:

Purchasing the third farm or the facilities with FC is choice we make.. not a requirement..... anything we purchase with earned coins or FC is a choice no one is deciding that for us.......We don't know if the requirement for 30 neighbors was a decision of the Developers of FarmTown or a requirement that Facebook or MySpace made them agree to in order to make this upgrade ......

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

Old Apr 07 2010, 04:55 PM

I love the new facilities, however, I cannot harvest enough milk twice a day to use the crops I plant, and I try not to overplant, and still run out of milk and have to wait and wait..I have to make butter and cheese from the milk, also, then try to use my crops in the dairy facility to make yogurt, etc, and never have enough milk....can we either start harvesting cows more often, or get more milk when harvesting every 8 hours,,,,this is a real problem,,,I had to sell my strawberries and not use them because I didn't have enough milk...pls change this if at all possible, or I will have to sell my dairy facility....thanks for your quick response....
Old Apr 07 2010, 05:00 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyHallow View Post
Purchasing the third farm or the facilities with FC is choice we make.. not a requirement..... anything we purchase with earned coins or FC is a choice no one is deciding that for us.......We don't know if the requirement for 30 neighbors was a decision of the Developers of FarmTown or a requirement that Facebook or MySpace made them agree to in order to make this upgrade ......
The sole purpose of these games is to attract people to FB. Minimum neighbor requirements are a part of every game that I know anything about, although I confess I only play this and one other game. Judging by the invites I get, I'm assuming it's pretty much universal.

I don't know how the FT developers are compensated for all their hard work but I suspect that FC is only one way. I'd bet that somehow their compensation is also tied to FB participation. I'd also bet that for every person that is upset about the 30 neighbor requirement there are dozens or hundreds that already have that many or are out their adding looking for more neighbors. In the short term FT might lose a few but I bet they gain in the long run.
Closed Thread