Old Sep 07 2016, 11:43 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellgirlmtl View Post
I gave in and bought the new tools yesterday ... As I said before they are great tools but I still think the switch is necessary for those of us who have design farms... I find the tree shaker is easier to maneuver than the flower harvester in the sense that the flowers are more scattered than the trees on a realistic designed farm (I could always freeze them, like I have most)... I have previously suggested in the proper thread to give us the ability to freeze trees, I still stand by it... I have Magnolias, Dogwood, and some bushes that I do not harvest/chop... I would like to have the ability to freeze them like we do flowers...

As always, thank you for another great update and really looking forward to the ships... Speaking about ships could you add the word ship to the Cruise so when we do a search it doesn't land on the Cruise Supplies, have the same problem with the Zoo... I'll put it in the suggestion thread...
I have the new tools and find them extremely fast to use on all types of farms.. you just have to forget about trying to line up flowers and trees, concentrate on using the grid system, start in the top left corner, work across or down, then move one spot in from the first position and repeat the process... gets all those flowers planted higgelddy piggelddy all over on decorated farms..we just need the 20x Chainsaw now..
Old Sep 08 2016, 02:41 AM

Love love love the new flower and tree harvesters. I have had to go back to the old method for chopping trees and its so cumbersome! Roll on the tree chopper .............. Thank you Raul and Devs.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Sep 08 2016, 05:04 AM

Level:
XP:

wondering if something has changed with our hiring process at market, I ended up with 3 people working but only the last person hired actually replied.. I hate doing this as it upsets a lot of people but if you don't get the reply, then how do you know if they accept.. none of them started working until 5 mins after I returned to my farm and checked.
Old Sep 08 2016, 05:18 AM

Love the new tools. Looking forward to the new chopping tool working the same way. Would love it if you would make the crop tools the same.
Old Sep 08 2016, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
I have the new tools and find them extremely fast to use on all types of farms.. you just have to forget about trying to line up flowers and trees, concentrate on using the grid system, start in the top left corner, work across or down, then move one spot in from the first position and repeat the process... gets all those flowers planted higgelddy piggelddy all over on decorated farms..we just need the 20x Chainsaw now..
LOL....

higgelddy, piggelddy..... love it, and I think it is an adequate description.

Old Sep 08 2016, 03:32 PM

any idea when the levels will be released?? pretty please, soon???
Old Sep 08 2016, 05:54 PM

Post-Release Updates - September 8th, 6:30PM

- When selecting the new 20x20 Tree Shaker and Flower Harvester, instead of the Eye in the bottom right you will see the current tool icon, when clicked, you will see a vertical toolbar with 2 buttons, the one in the top goes back to the old method of highlighting each individual item, the one in the bottom set the new method of highlighting only the perimeter of the area where the tool will operate.

Also, the tool will operate as if the Eye were always closed, meaning, the recently worked items will be hidden once the work on them is completed.

WONDERFUL... Thank you Thank you Thank you... I spent all afternoon freezing flowers on half my farms and accidentally harvested some too... wish I had waited a bit...

You guys ROCK!!!...

Farming since February 7, 2009
Level 1200+
Farms 1-39 @46x46
Farm 40 @50x50
Farms 41 @42x42 & 42 @36x36

SHELL VALLEY Properties
Old Sep 08 2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Cuttriss View Post
Haven't we got enough restaurants???...cant keep up with the ingredients needed as it is!!
ummm, now let's see . . . how many countries are there? how many restaurants representing a country do we now have. yes, it will be endless.
Old Sep 08 2016, 06:55 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellgirlmtl View Post
Post-Release Updates - September 8th, 6:30PM

- When selecting the new 20x20 Tree Shaker and Flower Harvester, instead of the Eye in the bottom right you will see the current tool icon, when clicked, you will see a vertical toolbar with 2 buttons, the one in the top goes back to the old method of highlighting each individual item, the one in the bottom set the new method of highlighting only the perimeter of the area where the tool will operate.

Also, the tool will operate as if the Eye were always closed, meaning, the recently worked items will be hidden once the work on them is completed.

WONDERFUL... Thank you Thank you Thank you... I spent all afternoon freezing flowers on half my farms and accidentally harvested some too... wish I had waited a bit...

You guys ROCK!!!...
OH NO, its like going back to horse and buggy from driving a Lamborghini
Old Sep 08 2016, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
OH NO, its like going back to horse and buggy from driving a Lamborghini
Everyone has an opinion Aussie Rae, and you have made your position quite clear numerous times over the course of this update. But.......

Thank you Raul and team for the quick work to make the new tools even more diverse. Using the older method with the new size is awesome, fast, and has pinpoint accuracy when selecting the plants to harvest. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I would like to suggest that once the selection of how we want the tools to work (old vs. new) to make the selection stay as selected from farm to farm. At present, it has to be REselected at each farm.

Thanks
Steve
Closed Thread