Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Feb 17 2013, 04:39 PM

So we know there is a glitch with the sprinkler system ... just wanted to share my experience since I'm doing my weekend planting.
Before the update, I was required to either wait until all crops had been "planted" as indicated by my avatar processing all plantings, OR instead, save the planting and refresh the farm BEFORE I was allowed to water with my green sprinkler. The system would always say "Wait, I'm busy" if I tried to water before the planting had been completed.

That did not happen today. I was permitted to use my green sprinkler before all plantings had been processed. It showed that all the crops had been watered, but when I refreshed the page, the plantings that had not been processed before I watered actually were not. The result was a farm with half watered crops.

For now, the way to avoid the half-watered crops is to NOT water until all plantings have been processed/saved by the avatar. Better yet, save the work and refresh the farm before you water at all.

The devs will work this out soon, but there is something we can do to avoid the frustration in the meantime.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5488&farm_ix=7
Old Feb 17 2013, 04:40 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

see the slashkey bunch hasnt dont 1 cotten pickin thing on fixin the problem. how many more days will this go on?
Old Feb 17 2013, 05:42 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

It is the weekend where slashkey is located. They deserve time off from work just like the rest of us.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Feb 17 2013, 05:47 PM
Account Not Linked

refreshing and reloading doesn't work. What makes it worse is I had to pay real money to buy the orange sprinkler and it worked until the developers screwed it up. I have been refreshing and reloading and I'm still getting screwed up watering with the orange sprinkler. It would help if it didn't take forever for the avatar to finish. Maybe someday the developers will realize everyone doesn't want to use the avatar because it slows the game down considerably and give us the option to not use an avatar.
Old Feb 17 2013, 05:48 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

hmm. watered my quest farm last night after replanting all short term crops, 2hr to 1day inclusive...all are grown, FW, except half of my 1 day planting...they are still growing...9 hrs to wait now.....very very annoying as last night when I double checked, all these were shown as FW..........

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Feb 17 2013, 05:48 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTreeFarm View Post
It is the weekend where slashkey is located. They deserve time off from work just like the rest of us.
Then they should have tested the changes before they put them into effect when they were working
Old Feb 17 2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglnwhite View Post
So we know there is a glitch with the sprinkler system ... just wanted to share my experience since I'm doing my weekend planting.
Before the update, I was required to either wait until all crops had been "planted" as indicated by my avatar processing all plantings, OR instead, save the planting and refresh the farm BEFORE I was allowed to water with my green sprinkler. The system would always say "Wait, I'm busy" if I tried to water before the planting had been completed.

That did not happen today. I was permitted to use my green sprinkler before all plantings had been processed. It showed that all the crops had been watered, but when I refreshed the page, the plantings that had not been processed before I watered actually were not. The result was a farm with half watered crops.

For now, the way to avoid the half-watered crops is to NOT water until all plantings have been processed/saved by the avatar. Better yet, save the work and refresh the farm before you water at all.

The devs will work this out soon, but there is something we can do to avoid the frustration in the meantime.
I didn't water til ALL my crops were processed and still only half the crops got watered, so that's not the problem.
Old Feb 17 2013, 05:55 PM

they are usualy pretty good at fixing things fast. there could be many issues why it is not fix yet. also reamber it is beta game and we are all ginny pigs or tester.
Old Feb 17 2013, 06:09 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim v View Post
Then they should have tested the changes before they put them into effect when they were working
We are the testers, that is why it is called beta.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Feb 17 2013, 06:11 PM
Account Not Linked

In my opinion they deserve to have a weekends off and will continue working on the problems on Monday.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.

Last edited by KnightRider; Feb 17 2013 at 06:16 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
train