Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jun 29 2015, 08:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Need to know more about the use of coin tools...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
Hi, just a note to say that nobody has to work with single tools anymore, all coin tools can be used, and even the employers tools, so at minimum, they can use a 3x3
How do they use my coin tools? Do they or I have to be at a certain level? Not sure how it works, but I've had some lately start w/single tools. I told one that he could use my x4 harvester, and he said "okey for you" and left. Another told me he was hoping for bigger tools & left. For this reason, I now look for ppl who have all tools ~ they rarely complain. I don't know if both employer & employee have to have the same tools? It doesn't seem so, because when I work for ppl, it does let me use their huge h/p tool, turbo fisher, et al; so, I don't know why it wouldn't let these single-tool workers use my x4 harvester and x9 plow, unless a certain level is required to do so. I have the box checked that says the worker can use my tools. I find the market horribly frustrating because so many seem to have elaborate rules of work, etiquette, and expectations. Some workers take one look at my farms and leave (too small? not enough tools? Trees not lined up square?) Some employers play mean tricks & I wonder what I've done to offend them... Often I just work my own farm so I don't have to deal w/the marketplace stress.
Old Jun 29 2015, 08:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
How do they use my coin tools? Do they or I have to be at a certain level? Not sure how it works, but I've had some lately start w/single tools. I told one that he could use my x4 harvester, and he said "okey for you" and left. Another told me he was hoping for bigger tools & left. For this reason, I now look for ppl who have all tools ~ they rarely complain. I don't know if both employer & employee have to have the same tools? It doesn't seem so, because when I work for ppl, it does let me use their huge h/p tool, turbo fisher, et al; so, I don't know why it wouldn't let these single-tool workers use my x4 harvester and x9 plow, unless a certain level is required to do so. I have the box checked that says the worker can use my tools. I find the market horribly frustrating because so many seem to have elaborate rules of work, etiquette, and expectations. Some workers take one look at my farms and leave (too small? not enough tools? Trees not lined up square?) Some employers play mean tricks & I wonder what I've done to offend them... Often I just work my own farm so I don't have to deal w/the marketplace stress.
Hi Mountaineer,
Currently they can't use your coin tools.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 24 2014, 11:03 PM

As long as the jobs I am hired to do get done why should it matter the order in which they are done?
Old Mar 25 2014, 04:59 AM

when ever I get hired to do a job i usually do the h/p first. In the old days if I was hired i'd do all the h/p first then go back to do trees or w/e else they needed done that way they can start replanting if they want and i can go on and get the other things done. for those who have lagging computers try using 'low quality" and see if it helps.. my pet peeve on working is they over hire for jobs ... 4 small farms does not need 3 people... sorry idc how fast you want them done.. takes longer when people are fighting each other.. also the ones who hire i thing at a time? I get hired to h/p get that done then go back to the market and then get rehired by the same person to do trees .. and then they want me to fish.. i message them and say you can hire all at once and get ignored.. say it in the chat as well at the market..same thing.. lots of issues for workers and employers still.. i only hire one person to do everything i need done.. i ask if they want help.. they usually say no.. i say ok but if you do let me know...
Old Apr 05 2014, 05:29 PM

It would help if people wouldn't put "All Jobs" in their status and then when you hire them they say "I don't fish" or "I don't do flowers". If that is the case then, number one don't accept the job and number 2 don't advertise that you will do all jobs if you will only do certain things.
Old Apr 06 2014, 12:30 AM

i dont know if any one else has this issue but when I am hired to do things like flowers and trees sometimes it can take forever sometimes I can spend up to 15 minutes on one farm because they have crops and flowers and trees (both chopping and harvesting) and doent help when they on rthe farm all higgedly piggeldy
Old Apr 06 2014, 10:34 AM

I'd like a way to streamline the hiring process. When I click to hire someone, I have to remember which farms are ready, and need work based on what I'm hiring for. By the time I click all the farms I want, the person I'm trying to hire is sometimes gone. A 'hire for all' button, where I could manually uncheck one if needed would be nice.

Farming since May 19, 2009
Old Apr 06 2014, 10:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anstar View Post
I'd like a way to streamline the hiring process. When I click to hire someone, I have to remember which farms are ready, and need work based on what I'm hiring for. By the time I click all the farms I want, the person I'm trying to hire is sometimes gone. A 'hire for all' button, where I could manually uncheck one if needed would be nice.
What I do to make it faster is go to the selling market, click on an avatar there, and click on multiple hire and set up what I need done and what farms. Then I click the x to close it without hiring the person. Then when I go to the hiring market I click on the one I want to hire and click on multiple hire. Everything is already set up so I just click to hire.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 07 2014, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anstar View Post
It would also be nice to know what people will and won't do before you hire them rather than have to try to hire several people before you find someone who accepts the job.
Old Apr 08 2014, 01:02 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheney View Post
It would also be nice to know what people will and won't do before you hire them rather than have to try to hire several people before you find someone who accepts the job.
I keep trying to talk people into advertising in their status at the market. You have no idea anymore what people will do.