Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 28 2009, 07:25 PM

Darn, so bogged down with editing that I have to wait to get new farm started...but am so looking forward to the fun! Thanks again.
Old Nov 28 2009, 07:29 PM
Account Not Linked

I am one who received the new land offer....but I fail to understand the attraction. It is not more land for your current farm. It is an offer to buy a second farm. I already have six farms...for free....and can add as many as I want. Why would I pay for a 'second' farm whether in coins or farmcash??
Old Nov 28 2009, 11:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashiell View Post
I am one who received the new land offer....but I fail to understand the attraction. It is not more land for your current farm. It is an offer to buy a second farm. I already have six farms...for free....and can add as many as I want. Why would I pay for a 'second' farm whether in coins or farmcash??
Totally agree with this one. I want to expand on my current farm.
Old Nov 28 2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maa View Post
I'm repeating this as it's clearly not being acknowledged:

Have you considered that expanding the farm even larger probably isn't within the parameters of Adobe Flash? As such that has NOTHING to do with the devs. They can't change that. Also have you tried working on a large farm with loads of stuff on it? Lags a lot doesn't it? How do you think that will be if the farm was even larger? Most people simply don't have enough RAM to process that and would render the game unplayable for many thousands of perfectly happy farmers.
Old Nov 28 2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maa View Post
This option lets you move items between the two farms using your storage. You can also switch between both farms apparently by an icon.

Personally, while I would have loved to see bigger farms, I think this is a good option as well. Perhaps even a better option if bigger farms would have impacted game by causing problems with some players being able to load a farm, or to much load on the server, or slowing down the game to much for users.
Old Nov 29 2009, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Yep
me too.
Old Nov 29 2009, 01:55 AM

I agree - I want to upgrade my Farm #1 not any other farms
Old Nov 29 2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrose711 View Post
I agree - I want to upgrade my Farm #1 not any other farms
If that was possible then I'm sure the devs would have done it that way. As it is you can't blame the devs for the limitations of Adobe Flash, server handling or limited RAM capacity of a LOT of players. All of these would have been taken into consideration before they decided on bringing in the second farm instead. By just adding to an already large farm it would bring too many issues. People with older pcs would end up being unable to load the game AT ALL, Adobe Flash wouldn't be able to handle, I mean it just about handles the large farms with loads of animals and what not on it as it is. And the servers would have been put under enormous strain. Or does it not occur to you that the devs actually DO think about these things before releasing new updates?
Old Nov 29 2009, 01:29 AM

Quote:
ha .. took the words right out of my mouth.. granted most dont play the way i do but i dont really see much point in buying another farm for 748578734723835713734834723 coins ... but if that makes you guys happy... buy away haha..

PS.. i need alot of new color creates farmtown needs a color wheel system .. that way.. pick an item.. then its color.. custom color that is.. and done

1st:Main
Visit

2nd:Bowser

Visit

3rd: Skull-

Visit

4th: Mario land

Visit

5th: Bunny chokes kitty
Visit

6th: Dragon
Visit

7th: Zombie
Visit

8th: Megaman
Visit

Old Nov 29 2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
The difference between the "second farm" and another farm with another id is that the second farm you can buy is linked to your main farm. You will share experience points, neighbors, coins, cash. It's like having one big farm, but just on two lots, instead of having to log in and out of facebook accounts. I'm glad they did it. I love it.
Closed Thread