Old Feb 15 2012, 09:11 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
cause we have a Latin/American Restaurant coming i imagine that we will be using the Saffron, chickpeas, black beans and plantains in a lot of dishes......Plantain (plátano in Spanish) is a favorite fruit of my family.....
Ours too Sunny, specially the ripe ones that are very sweet. Put them on a pyrex, cover them with butter, cinnamon sugar and white wine, bake them at 350 for 35 min. and they are wonderful, just like bananas foster.

Now that is an idea, you can use the plantains, butter, cinnamon, sugar and white wine...

Thank you, thank you very much, muchas gracias to all for the updates!!
Old Feb 15 2012, 09:16 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesler103 View Post
I love this game, but I'm not thrilled with having to change my banana trees..I worked very hard to get them and I have a lot of them..I gave up that other farm game long, long ago. Being housebound, I am absolutely thrilled with having something to do with my friends, many of which I met in your marketplace, who have turned into true friends. I also love the fact that the game runs in real time and you can chat with other players. All the new stuff is always great, but I'll stop doing quests now, since I don't want any more factory type buildings. I a more interested in leveling up and would love to have goals like that to work at instead of just boom being there right away when they're available. Thanks for all you do.
Don't change your banana trees, they are both different and used different... you still have to have your bananas, plantains are used in another way...If you ever buy "trail mix" you will find plantains there, and they are not bananas.
Old Feb 15 2012, 09:22 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah1979 View Post
According to the first page of this thread, Raul says they will be released "tomorrow". Keep in mind that he posted this at 1:30 AM, so that may mean tomorrow.....(Wednesday for Central Time Zone)

The same with a couple of the new facilities....tomorrow.
Well I am on Central Time so tomorrow is today, and no facilities yet, they are still locked, LOL

OH maybe is today at 12:30 am
Old Feb 15 2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
Oh dear - WHY do you have to tear up a farm to plant new Plantain trees? I think it makes sense to make plaintain chips from Plantains - you still need bananas for other things.

IMHO the lifeline does not make the quests less of a challenge it just makes them possible for the occasion when folks do not have that particular facility and there is no guarantee which lifeline you get.
I don't have to tear up a farm just to plant the trees but in order to plant them where it makes sense...well I do. I have my trees organized by harvest times per field (makes it MUCH less time consuming to figure out what is ready).

Sure it makes sense to use plantanins...WHY didn't they do that to start with???!!! They aren't advancing the game...just making you get more trees to keep doing what you already were doing. Simply put...more work...more trees...for NO GAIN.....

Here's something I just thought of though...why can't we have something like the farm selector/facility manager that shows when something is harvestable on farm...maybe like a dot in that farm's square, etc...
Old Feb 15 2012, 10:43 AM

I used to love this game and played it to the exclusion of any other games. However, it has become TOO expensive to bother trying to keep up ...

We used to have alternative ways to earn Farm Cash, now we have to purchase Facebook credits and use them to purchase Farm Cash. For those of us who have been hit hard by the economy the continual introduction of new factories, restaurants and service buildings is just getting ludicrous. This is in comparison to other games with increasing levels.

For those of us who have reached and exceeded (by millions of XP) the level we are at we are stuck getting 25 lousy Farm Cash every 2 months or so. This enables us to purchase about 2 new facilities every four months. This was extremely distressing when the "Task" I opened last night required production from the new Japanese Restaurant which I purchased with the precious FC that I had stored up. The ones I now am missing will take $40.00 REAL DOLLARS to purchase, so they WON'T be included and future tasks will have to be ignored.

Other gaming companies reward those who have played and achieved high XP by giving them levels. I can pick up 2 to 3 additional Rewards Points PER DAY by playing the hated rival zynga's games with much less effort. I can get about 1/4 Farm Cash per day which I only see after I have waited for them to give me 25 lousy points in another 6 weeks. That will mean I will have to wait for approximately 14 weeks before I can purchase anything else with Farm Cash.

I worked my farm daily and logged on many times to update and collect. Now, I maybe get on once a day and most of the work on my farm is done by someone else. PERHAPS this is why zynga (with all its problems and the constant spamming of the walls) is sitting with over a million players while Farm Town, a decidedly superior game is losing players and sitting with fewer than 200,000 daily players.

The above is not even covering the absolutely ridiculous prices of expanding farms to 26x or 28x.
I would have been expecting 2-2.5 billion coins for a 26 x and 3-4 billion coins for a 28x ... but 10 Billion coins makes it not only prohibitive, but punitive ... as I stated in an earlier post (different release) it takes about 25 years IRL of planting acorn squash (with the crops fertilized and the max level 6 Dan) to make the expansion pay for itself. The new 28x will take another 12.5 years plus of the same work to make it pay ... that is over 37 YEARS IN REAL LIFE ... to pay for one of the upgrades on farm 1 alone ... It would have made a lot more sense to graduate the payment for the expansions like the graduation on the original farms. Someone at Slashkey has gotten their hands on some really good dope ... you might want to pass it around to the players you have left.

Last edited by jennieh11; Feb 15 2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old Feb 15 2012, 10:59 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennieh11 View Post
I used to love this game and played it to the exclusion of any other games. However, it has become TOO expensive to bother trying to keep up ...

We used to have alternative ways to earn Farm Cash, now we have to purchase Facebook credits and use them to purchase Farm Cash. For those of us who have been hit hard by the economy the continual introduction of new factories, restaurants and service buildings is just getting ludicrous. This is in comparison to other games with increasing levels.

For those of us who have reached and exceeded (by millions of XP) the level we are at we are stuck getting 25 lousy Farm Cash every 2 months or so. This enables us to purchase about 2 new facilities every four months. This was extremely distressing when the "Task" I opened last night required production from the new Japanese Restaurant which I purchased with the precious FC that I had stored up. The ones I now am missing will take $40.00 REAL DOLLARS to purchase, so they WON'T be included and future tasks will have to be ignored.

Other gaming companies reward those who have played and achieved high XP by giving them levels. I can pick up 2 to 3 additional Rewards Points PER DAY by playing the hated rival zynga's games with much less effort. I can get about 1/4 Farm Cash per day which I only see after I have waited for them to give me 25 lousy points in another 6 weeks. That will mean I will have to wait for approximately 14 weeks before I can purchase anything else with Farm Cash.

I worked my farm daily and logged on many times to update and collect. Now, I maybe get on once a day and most of the work on my farm is done by someone else. PERHAPS this is why zynga (with all its problems and the constant spamming of the walls) is sitting with over a million players while Farm Town, a decidedly superior game is losing players and sitting with fewer than 200,000 daily players.
First off..this game cost $0.00 to play and advance in.Just because they release a new factory or tool does not mean you have to buy it.Second,you do understand this is a business,they are here to make money,not just provide people with a sim farm.Third,comparing numbers from 1 game to the next is silly.The entire concept between the other farm game and this one is miles apart.If slashkey decided to just spam out pretty pixels twice a week and spamfest our walls with the **** Z does,I would bet this game would gain a few million players.I would like to think the difference is this game is not a pacifier that offers shiny new pixels to appease the "ooh ooh got ta have it" crowd.This game actually makes players use more than 2 brain cells.
Old Feb 15 2012, 11:10 AM

They've been getting better with helping those without those facilities, but it isn't enough. I should be able to get honey, beeswax, cod, shrimp, scallops, etc. without having those facilities/big seacoasts myself to use in my quests.

People mind it when they can't keep up with the latest when they've been playing faithfully and loyally for a long time, especially when they have enough xp to be level 5x what they're at. However, they mind it a LOT more when the price of things become ludicrous (expansions) or when not having those facilities become a liability beyond the obvious (i.e. it shouldn't sabotage their quests).

Sorry that you can't see this, which should be obvious. Yes the developers have to make money. But there's a happy medium where things aren't too expensive and they still make the developers money, because when things are reasonable more people will come back and spend.
Old Feb 15 2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosyou? View Post
First off..this game cost $0.00 to play and advance in.Just because they release a new factory or tool does not mean you have to buy it.Second,you do understand this is a business,they are here to make money,not just provide people with a sim farm.Third,comparing numbers from 1 game to the next is silly.The entire concept between the other farm game and this one is miles apart.If slashkey decided to just spam out pretty pixels twice a week and spamfest our walls with the **** Z does,I would bet this game would gain a few million players.I would like to think the difference is this game is not a pacifier that offers shiny new pixels to appease the "ooh ooh got ta have it" crowd.This game actually makes players use more than 2 brain cells.
I agree that this game is far superior, I even mentioned that in my post. What I am saying is that the economy has made it so people like you can play with abandon, while those of us who are having a hard time economically are stuck. I know that you don't have to have everything that comes out, but they are putting out tasks that require you to have the new facilities, or HOPE you can find someone who will sell, trade or let you work for the product. This puts us already in the mode some were afraid of ... begging other players for help.

I do realize that this is a free game to play and that Slashkey has got to make sufficient income to pay their staff and make a profit for the company. I never put any real money into any of the other games, but I have paid REAL CASH to play this game because I believe in what they have done. I am just saying that it is getting ridiculous. Newer players get farm cash as fast as they want as long as they are willing to put out the effort. Where is the incentive for the players who have been around since there was one farm, no tools and very few crops? I remember days off spent planting raspberries, harvesting, plowing, selling them and replanting raspberries to get enough coins to pay for a farm size upgrade. I also remember the days when you could shop for insurance or get a trial to Netflix to get FarmCash. Now that those options are off the table you would think that some other options would be made available to earn farm cash. ... and I still hold that 10,000,000,000 for a 26x26 upgrade to a farm is ludicrous.
Old Feb 15 2012, 12:10 PM
Account Not Linked

Thank you developers for the new updates. I would like to know how to trade in the market place. Does the trading work on things you have to order? I now have 2 quests I can't complete because I don't have the semi.
Old Feb 15 2012, 12:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennieh11 View Post
I agree that this game is far superior, I even mentioned that in my post. What I am saying is that the economy has made it so people like you can play with abandon, while those of us who are having a hard time economically are stuck. I know that you don't have to have everything that comes out, but they are putting out tasks that require you to have the new facilities, or HOPE you can find someone who will sell, trade or let you work for the product. This puts us already in the mode some were afraid of ... begging other players for help.

I do realize that this is a free game to play and that Slashkey has got to make sufficient income to pay their staff and make a profit for the company. I never put any real money into any of the other games, but I have paid REAL CASH to play this game because I believe in what they have done. I am just saying that it is getting ridiculous. Newer players get farm cash as fast as they want as long as they are willing to put out the effort. Where is the incentive for the players who have been around since there was one farm, no tools and very few crops? I remember days off spent planting raspberries, harvesting, plowing, selling them and replanting raspberries to get enough coins to pay for a farm size upgrade. I also remember the days when you could shop for insurance or get a trial to Netflix to get FarmCash. Now that those options are off the table you would think that some other options would be made available to earn farm cash. ... and I still hold that 10,000,000,000 for a 26x26 upgrade to a farm is ludicrous.
I apologize for the misunderstanding..but I do not own all tools or factories.I may have sounded like I did,but I too can not buy everything I would like.I just look at it as a luxury,one that is out of reach currently,but I also do not think the game owes me anything other than what fun I make from it.That is one of the better things about this game,is that anyone can play as little or as much as we want,and play in so many ways.I do understand the incentive part for older players,and I would like to see some new challenges,even ones that make gaining 1 or 2 FC every once in a while possible.As for the getting FC through offers..I have to chalk that debacle up to FB and trialpay.I know they have a few free offers,but trialpay is one of the worst payout sites ever.(they are used by several games outside of FB and sux bad there too.)
Closed Thread