Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 09 2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindfeet View Post
I am a high level player who recently started going back to the Market to work. I don't need the xp, coins or even the crops. I have more than enough of all those things. I go back for these reasons:

1. I am tired and bored from sitting on my farm clicking away at my facilities when I am not sowing or harvesting.

2. I have all these cool super tools sitting idle on my farm when I am not using them. Putting them to work is a very good thing.

3. I go for the people who have a hard time getting help in the Market. Everyone wants to plow, and very few will harvest flowers, fish, or chop or do trees. I do all those jobs for very grateful farmers. I haven't forgotten how I use to have to beg to get help with my two farms full of flowers. So I get the jobs that nobody else wants. All I do is add (All Tools) to my name. I say nothing. I just stand there, and I don't have hands to handle all the requests from very grateful farmers.

4. I see my super tools as toys, and I love to play with them. So I do have a lot of fun working for others with them. They have really put the fun back into my game!

It is my humble opinion that some players are going to be dissatisfied no matter what we do. That's their game! We just need to keep on moving and have some fun while we are at it .

Peace and Love.

Thanks for putting it so well. I say Amen to each of your four points, and agree with your HO.

IMHO I think those who refer to others like myself as "farmtown police" are unable to handle opinion other than their own, or perhaps are just not reading the whole post(s).

[1] At times I enjoy hiring a single-plotter" and feel that most of them are happy to get solo work. I occasionally plant fertilized rhubarb (relatively useless to me) just to give to a single-plotter. I will continue to refuse/police the 4x4 in that instance if I can. More often than not, I have to tell the single-plotter harvester to take their time because it is all theirs.

[2] At times I hire 4x4s just to get the job done quicker. Some are high levels or maxed - no biggie. I will continue to hire whom I choose to hire.

[3] At times I do all the work myself with my own 4x4s, saw, and boat. This is a game and I enjoy the "work" too.

[4] And at times I will go to the market, give notice that I have the 4x4s, and enjoy what I get.. .. usually the jobs most don't want (lazy? greedy? - don't care really).

Again, kudos for your comments. You are now elevated from officer to Detective.