Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 13 2010, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmonkey View Post
Just a momentary rant. I was just in the market place, this girl comes in and says "who wants to harvest and plow." She then says "I hire only one, whoever wants it call my name." So I say her name, she says, if you want it go to my farm and I will hire you." So I go to her farm and she pops in and says "Hahahaha, its only a joke you idiot, hahaha! There was no work to be done, and she was so very rude. I hope that using the report feature in the game works. I reported her butt as fast as I could click on her, which she tried to avoid by moving all over the place and then leaving. HA HA to her, I got her and I hope she losses her account for doing it!

Farmer name is ********, if you see her around run for cover, DO NOT WORK FOR THIS FARMER!

She probably reported me to cause I got upset
Just a word of warning here: whilst this kind of behaviour in the game is indeed annoying, it does not warrant use of the report button.

'Report' should be reserved for more serious cases where players are using abusive language, making racist comments, using threats, etc. In a case such as you describe, the ignore button is the better option. It will remove the person from your game and you will not have to deal with them again.

Use of the report button for less serious 'offences' can result in your own account being placed under review.

Secondly: I have removed the player's avatar name from your post. Naming players on the forum is counter-productive, as there could be thousands of players with the same name, and it's unfair to the majority who play the game in a reasonable manner.

Hope you don't mind my using your post to make these points, but this is something that does come up quite often, and many players are not aware of the difference between 'report' and 'ignore'.

Thanks.