View Single Post
Old Mar 15 2015, 12:08 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I totally quit doing the regular quests due to the following problem. AND before anyone feels the need to remind me the computer generates randomly all quests I KNOW that.

What totally burns my grits is the fact that prior to FC being awarded for regular quests I may have the animal remedy quest perhaps 1x in 3 or even 4 weeks. Once the award of FC started I was getting that quest at least 1 time per week, sometimes 2 times in same week. After that began and seemed to continue I TOTALLY QUIT regular quests.

I used to LOVE the CoOp quests. Had fun and totally enjoyed them. THEN came the FC awards and yes it began with 1 time per week at least 1 make some silly remedy, I'd let it die. REFUSE to purchase a FC factory that gives me such a tiny return as this one seems to do per those who purchased it. AND the type of crops needed, more short growing time crops, no thank you.

Then low and behold was getting the LOAD those remedies maybe 2 or 3 a week. Broke down and bought the Clinic since I would be purchasing needed items from friends AND it cost a couple dollars less than that factory.

NOW? Oh the computer is so random with FC needed factory quests that just this week have had 3 to manufacture remedies! Did have 1 remedy to load, brought that clinic out of storage and completed that one, then back to storage.

What I find extremely strange about these "random computer generated" quests is the fact that once I bought the Animal Clinic those quests are now few and far between BUT the quest to MAKE the remedies are hitting me hard. I'm feeling the computer "randomly" is generating them to "force" me to purchase what I do not want. I am NOT alone in thinking this BTW.

I'll open new for my neighbors who may need items but won't waste my coins buying when the end result will be no FC due to the couple completed dropping off as "stale" before I can do enough to earn even 1 FC. Remember I have 3 I can't do taking needed space waiting for them to go away.

Perhaps if I wait 7 days past this group of 7 days to do any quests I'll be out of the loop to PRODUCE remedies.. Once can only hope, right?

As many are saying animal remedy quests may be random but then "random" can be manipulated. With others commenting once they purchased both animal remedy facilities so as not to be so frustrated they've had extremely FEW remedy quests since. THIS has me quite suspicious about the so called randomness. IF was only 1 friend mentioning the much fewer remedy quests since their purchases I think I was paranoid.

Now off to file a ticket about the loss of some FC.

Sorry about my ranting here, as I said I am NOT the only disgusted LONG time (early 2009) farmer noticing how "random" appears to be working these days.

DB:W20, MPS:C20