View Single Post
Old Apr 27 2016, 11:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
This week's Neighborhood Chains Contest includes a standard freight locomotive. That is not a facility!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
so how is this weeks contest going to work??? Standard Freight Locomotive???? Please Explain.. I am not even going to attempt any thing this week till we know for sure what is going on with this..
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisluvsanimals View Post
The devs need to assign another facility instead of the Standard Engine....the contest is only supposed to have 2 Farm Cash facilities per week and 2 coin ones, and while the Standard engine is a coin purchase, without having any long cars on it (which are ONLY Farm Cash) it's totally useless
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichHotRod View Post
I was thinking the same thing as chrisluvanimals. A lot of us players are on fixed incomes and simply cannot afford to buy all the Long freight cars. I like the 2 FarmCash and 2 coins on the contest, but the Standard Freight Engine that requires you to by long Freight Cars with Farm Cash and not coins puts us at a disadvantage, which is not fair, in my opinion. the Standard Freight Engine is sold in the Trains Section of the Store, and not in the Facilities section. Hope it just a bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
and once a train is dispatched, you cannot refill it until it returns home!! and you can't send work requests to all your neighbors.. I think they messed up with this one! ROFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
Yup. And you can only speed it up a maximum of one day no matter how much you try to boost it, so between that and the fact that you need FC cars attached to it for it to be of any value (presumably the more FC cars the better value it would be), it's really quite inappropriate for the contest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisluvsanimals View Post
Another good point! Even if we could send it out immediately, it can't be re-dispatched for at least 6 days so we get to send it once and that's it?

How can this be fair when everything we've been told so far is that "to make more points, work/reload your facilities as often as possible"?
Hi All,
How about we wait and see what the developers say. I have sent an email to them to find out how this is supposed to work with the standard freight engine. I would not suggest buying anything until we can find out.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.