View Single Post
Old Feb 15 2013, 08:47 PM

Exclamation Problem with Red and Brown Sprinklers is Back

A long time ago, when the red sprinkler was first introduced, we had problems because our brown sprinkler (for just watering flowers) was taken away, leaving us only the red sprinkler to both water flowers and irrigate (speed up) crop growth. Months later, we were given back the brown sprinkler... so we could choose to just water our flowers with the brown sprinkler without using up our once-per-day chance to irrigate crops on a farm with the red sprinkler. It stayed that way for a long time - a year, maybe? We could use the brown sprinkler for flowers, and the red sprinkler would remain available to use to speed up crop growth when we were ready to use it, even if it was an hour later.

Suddenly, the original problem is back. I just watered my flowers with my brown sprinkler, on farms that have mature, unharvested crops. I was shocked to see that my red sprinkler now says I have to wait 20 hours to irrigate crops on that same farm! Why did the game developers choose to take away our ability to use both sprinklers separately, for their separate purposes? Or is this a new glitch, perhaps caused by the addition of another new sprinkler (purple) to buy? The orange and green sprinklers didn't cause any problems, though... so why would the purple one?

Please... I need my brown sprinkler to JUST water flowers, completely independent of whatever crops I have planted, or growing on a farm. I have too many flowers on too many farms, to go back to worrying about planning everything to water at the same time. If this is a glitch, I'll try to be patient while the team works on a fix (again)... but if it was an intentional change, to go back to the way it worked before when the red sprinkler was introduced, I might have to quit Farm Town again. I work full time, and don't have enough time to coordinate all crops and flowers to get watered at the same time.

EDIT: I reloaded the game, and now the farms I used the brown sprinkler to water flowers are showing BOTH the brown and red sprinklers as ready to use (meaning, no "time to water" is displaying)... BUT... the name of the farm on the selector and the crops (already grown) both display (F,W) as they do when the red sprinkler is used. I'm not ready to try to use the red sprinkler on crops yet... but at least I have hope now that this IS a glitch, and not a deliberate change; and maybe we have to reload the game to be able to use the red sprinkler after using the brown one for watering flowers (until it's fixed).

Another Edit: Okay, so while I was experiencing this sprinkler problem and posting about it here, the game developers released a new update! I just realized that the purple sprinkler is BRAND new, and could very well be involved in a glitch with the sprinklers. I might just have been lucky enough to be watering flowers at the wrong time. If the problem continues, or if I'm unable to use the red sprinkler when I plant crops (after watering flowers), I'll update here. If others have problems with the sprinklers, too, since the new update... hopefully you will add your comments here.

Last edited by Caren Katsmom; Feb 15 2013 at 09:25 PM. Reason: More New Information