View Single Post
Old May 07 2011, 12:20 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyAnnie View Post
My 2 cents on working solo. I work solo only because if there are others working on a farm it lags so badly that I can hardly move. It's not greed. I'm happy with my level, coins, inventory, etc. Why does it lag? Who knows? Could be the game (it's ALWAYS worse when they come out with upgrades or new items), could be my computer, could be a combination. Whatever the reason for the lag, that lag is the reason I work solo.
Some things to try to help the lag. First turn off the floating xps and coins, you will not believe how much that alone will help you out. Second go to this link http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html
and do two things. First set the limit to a higher limit, I have mine on 10mb. Second clear out your farm town data either by deleting all sites or looking for chn,slashkey.com and deleting that one. Deleting all will not hurt anything it will just make all websites that use flash get fresh data on the next load. Third thing to try is a different browser, I use Fire fox and chrome with no problems, I left IE behind long ago.

Quote:
I also wish we had the "fire" option. I once had a girl working 1x1 on a large farm of nothing but crops. After about 50 she stopped. I waited awhile then asked if she was still there. No reply. Refreshed the game and she was still standing there so I sent her a note. She replied that she was on the phone and would finish soon. I left the farm, hired for other farms, etc. Went and took a shower. Total time elapsed = about 45 minutes. She was still in the same place. So I went and hired someone else to finish the job and she immediately sent me a nasty note saying she planned on finishing when she was done on the phone. (I won't give you the details of her word choices). So she could type, but not click the mouse while talking on the phone???
I've had other bad experiences, but that was the worst.
A fire button is a very bad idea. In this case it would be a case where it should be used but it would be very abused by others. When she said she was on the phone I would have hired someone else to finish the job I wouldn't have waited 45 minutes. I have hired people that have the 4x4 and they will click the mouse then wait a minute and click again, then wait a minute and click again. While I do not expect people to finish in 2 seconds and don't even mind waiting on a 1x1 to do the job, they need to be working at a reasonable speed. If they are being very slow I go hire someone else to finish the job.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.