View Single Post
Old Nov 01 2014, 02:58 PM

I plot and plan, but I don't keep a spreadsheet. Don't need to. I know what crops I need the most of and there is a nifty little sorting tool when I go to plant that will sort the crops by the amount stored. That way I can always see what I need to plant and approximately how much. I have never bought farm cash, can't afford to (not when you need a working toilet more), BUT with the farm cash I earn from leveling up and from quests, I plot out how to spend that FC with the future in mind. I bought the manure spreader because it doubles my crops.....so planting one farm of wheat yields the same as if I planted two farms the same size of wheat. It was 50 farm cash well spent. Same with the sprinkler. From the day I began playing the game, I stored crops and products from coin facilities because I knew that down the road I would need them. I have more oil stored that I can possibly ever use in my oil refinery unless I just get rid of my 6 oil wells and let my stockpile run out. Planning IS a big part of the game. Like real life, if you don't plan for your future, you're going to come up short. Yes, I do have to buy multiples of facilities for lumber, paper, inks, cheese etc, but the recent increase in some of these products has allowed me to put some of these facilities in storage. As I grow my facilities, I made need to take them out again. Also, you can go for a 15 day period without stocking service facilities of certain items in order to get ahead; with me it's items that require red inks. I can't believe how much red ink is used in this game. I DO believe that the pigments should be used for many items that inks are currently used for simply because of the type of product and how inks/pigments and certain surfaces interact with each other. I too am puzzled as to why most things require ink.