Thread: Official Top Post Thread Game Not loading/WebGL disabled/frequent crashes
View Single Post
Old Feb 02 2024, 07:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDIE39 View Post
I have played FarmTown now for 15 years or so and I have never had problems crashing like I have since the game changed hands. I was told by a representtive it is because I have too many stacked fields and I must inform you I had all the same stacked fields when I played the game of Facebook and never had a crashing problem. Today was the bad one I crashed 6 times almost in a row, totally annoying and very bothersome. This game has saved me and my mind, I get depressed very often since the death of my husband of 55 years and the game has held me up and kept the depression at bay. Please help me find out what I can do to correct this, I have Windows 11 on a 3 year old Dell and I really need help. Thank you in advance, Sandie39
Hi Sandie,
I moved your post to the thread about game loading and crashes problems.
First lets clear up some misconceptions. Farm Town has never changed hands. It has always been owned and developed by Slashkey. In fact you are still playing on the same exact servers, so nothing has changed on that side of the game.
Stacking/layering farms can work fine for a long time, but over time can corrupt the data for them that is saved on the servers. So yes even though it is the same exact layering it can be now causing you to crash.
What you can do to correct this is exactly what Support has told you remove some or all of the layering specially where you have trees, facilities, flowers and waters layered over crops. Having 2 layers may work ok, but layering more on the same farm messes it up.
There are more suggestions in the first post on the first page of this thread for you to try including some in a link in that post.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Feb 03 2024 at 04:23 PM.