View Single Post
Old Apr 17 2018, 01:27 PM

Thumbs down Returning Player-Observations

I have returned to the game a few months ago after being absent for a few years. I was excited to return tho a bit bummed I had lost my previous farms.

With that said, I was also shocked that ALL of the reasons I quit the game were still major issues for me, including many NEW reasons that would have made me quit the game. People play FT for many reasons. For myself, it is about the laid-back, ease of the game that doesn't FORCE you to quest or have neighbors (unless you want to), and the decorating of different farms. The game is stress-free ...

However, I am really upset at what I've seen so far after returning.

1. The developers seem hell-bent on concentrating on facility after facility after facility. Every single update has to do with new facilities. This is a good area of the game, but without other needed and necessary updates as well, getting more and more facilities is NOT what I want to do.

2. There has been NO updates on avatars, looks, clothing, perhaps hands out of the pockets, African-American avatars still look like something out of an old Al Jolsen "black-face" sketch with NO realistic hair!

3. There has been little to no new decorations (minus the **** for whatever holiday is coming up, which, incidentally stays in gifting for months). Some people like to "theme" decorate such as Italy, Paris, Asian, Indian, etc. and there is nothing new!

4. Loading times have only gotten worse. Server crashes have only gotten worse. Disconnections have only gotten worse. A returning player would assume these are critical areas that should be fixed and worked on prior to providing a thousand facilities...#justmy2cents

5. Questing and Co-Op...these are new areas since I have returned and I must say they leave a LOT to be desired. For the amount of work and real time put into them, they pay out nothing worth it! So, I don't do them!

6. Trains/Ships...WAY too hard, time consuming, and real-dollar expensive for any type of benefit, in my opinion.

7. Hiring/Working Observation: I think it would be helpful to fix this area. Players should be able to see the level of person hiring you, and also the level of the person doing the hiring. I think it should be fixed that NO person should be able to hire someone on farms where there is NO work available. I also feel that players need to see if it is solo work or multiple hires BEFORE we accept a job.

8. About Neighbors: Why is it that when you work for a neighbor you get NO bonus??? When you have neighbors, that should be the ones that give the BEST bonus! Otherwise, why have neighbors? For a 10 fuel? NOT good folks! We should be able to give and get the VERY BEST in the game from our neighbors!

Rant over! I had hopes that the game would have been really updated by now. Thanks to all for reading. Happy Farming (if you can)