View Single Post
Old Jan 31 2012, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeClements View Post
i worry about the old people FORGETTING that they are there
Keeipng it subtle is more important than having gigantic neon flashing signs that quests have to be done. I find them extremely annoying, because they're timed and require facilities you don't have, especially purchasing FarmCash facilties (seriously, who would do that for a quest???)...and one thing I really like about this game is that it's relatively an untimed game, except for crops spoiling. Deciding whether or not you're going to do something because you can't afford it isn't a "challenge", it's simply a decision. It's not 'challenging" to me to do something in the game i already CAN do, it's not "challenging" deciding that I will not ruin the deisgn integrity of my farms for a quest, and it's not a challenge to decide that I'm not paying $20-30 simply to put one facility on my farm for two days just to net myself fake currency.

For now, I refuse to have quest farms or put quest facilities on my farms, as I like my farms "designed" and not purely utilitarian. Though maybe with the addition of farms 14 and 15 (as I see there is room for them now) I'll have maybe ONE.

BUT

after all, it's all good so far, because the quest option isn't required, it doesn't ruin the game interface AT ALL, and the few quests you can do seem to really be worth it (I had to produce all steps of making hot chocolate in the coffee shop and got $4mill coins. Not bad.) soooooooo we'll see where this goes.

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)