View Single Post
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:35 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

We closed the other threads related to the latest release to make it easier to collect feedback.

A new version was released an hour ago, it is very similar to the way it was before, and at some times it will be even faster as the avatar is still teletransported when is working on close fields, this may have the effect of the avatar been closer to where the people are working most of the time, which may also contribute to have less collisions.

This version still contains many other improvements targeted to minimize the amount of XP / coins lost, we don't expect it to be as efective as with the latest version, but we still expect improvments on that area, so may be this is a good balance at the end.

Please provide feedback on the new experience.

Thanks

--Raul

Yes and No. Much improved over the 12/22 disaster. But not as good as pre-release.

I've just worked one job with another player. When my avatar was completing harvest, in between a few last coins (I guess), the message ALREADY DONE was flashing. Same for the plow. I marked many more squares than I received credit for.

Pre-release, we could see the fields that were already done much better. There were some issues with plowed fields not appearing plowed, but when they were clicked and instead of a hash mark, we got a plowed field, we knew it was already done. This way there is no way to tell until the avatar actually encounters a field that was ALREADY DONE?

In my opinion, this is going to cause MORE hard feelings on jobs with more than one hire. I know I have some now because I marked many more fields than I was paid for. So that doesn't seem to really address "lost" XP's. I clicked but received no XP. Instead of "lost XPs", I now just have LOST clicks? How is that better?

This is not the only problem, but so far it is Major. I hope you give this a few days to settle down to get all the feedback and can make corrections accordingly. People are not going to like doing a huge portion of a field only to have their avatar traveling over ALREADY DONEs for long periods of time.

Is there no way you can make the fields update WHEN they are done? In another thread, a fellow programmer made a suggestion on how that might be accomplished, IIRC.