View Single Post
Old Sep 17 2012, 11:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah1979 View Post
I do have some suggestions for the Trains, (but I will go to the suggestion thread) later. NOW, for General Feedback....
I waited to buy the train until a few more cars came out AND the ability for the Mayor to help with work if you had train cars. (Beyond the 50% he was already doing.) And until I READ all of the pros and cons I could find, and read the chapter in the game guide on trains. Quite frankly, I never thought I would spend this much FC on anything!!
For the first time, I am able to work on neighbors farms that are layered. I use a satellite internet provider, and it is only slightly faster than dial-up. In the past, when I tried to work these neighbors farms, I waited 20 to 30 seconds for each facility to load the points, then go to the next one. Sometimes I was successful, but more often I got the "Connection to Server Timed Out" message. Going from farm to farm took 1 to 2 minutes.
As much as I hated to, I simply put these neighbors on a "Can't Work" list.
It is still extremely slow going from farm to farm, but once I get there, the Mayor does the work!! YEAH!!
Since this is for feedback.... is there is difference between feedback and suggestions?!?!
I wish the cars had been a little less expensive... maybe $20 or $25 per car. I think more people would have purchased them.
I would like to have the ability to check off the products I want to order. I have ample supplies of some of the products, but have to order them anyway. And yes, I know I can sell the excess.
I would like to be able to move the train around the same farm, even when it is dispatched.
And still on feedback, but a question that has been asked..... WHY is the train in REAL TIME??? NOTHING else in Farm Town is REAL TIME!!! LOL I sure thought that 7 days would be 140 hours, to equal 7 Farm Town days! Oh well.
All in all, I am not 100% satisfied with the trains as they are right now, but I am certainly not disappointed!!
Deborah
The facilities are also in real time days as you fill them with 7 days of production. You just don't see that because you have neighbors work them to speed them up.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.