View Single Post
Old Dec 26 2016, 09:25 AM

The first time I found a ship in my port, it allowed me to load 19% and then became un-clickable. The second time may have been the same ship (same neighbour, didn't note the color) but I HOPE NOT, because if so it had been there a really long time. If a neighbor spends half the day preparing it I don't want to feel responsible for filling it when there's no guarantee I can. At least the feature worked the second time.

The helper should get at least token compensation for loading the Mayor's products on a neighbour's containers. It's work, someone is doing it, and they should get something for it.

I'm putting off buying ships, mostly because I don't have time to load them, but also because I won't pester or guilt anyone into helping me. The ships are different because the request goes out, not to one's neighbourhood, but to one targeted person at a time. One of the best things about this game is that you can be social or play solo, depending on how you feel right now. Encouraging social behavior is fine - pressuring individuals is not fine.

I suggest that one's neighbours should have to OPT IN... if I had to buy a port, and place it on a farm to activate it, then my neighbours know that they are not bothering me, and that their ships likely won't be stuck there all week. I can put it in storage if I go on holiday - and the game has MUCH better information about where to send the ships. And, it would be kinda cool to see my neighbor's ships docked on my farm. That last was probably ridiculous ... but it would be.

George
Off-and-on FarmTown resident since 2008

Come to Greenhaven:
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...6512&farm_ix=2