View Single Post
Old Dec 23 2009, 04:41 AM

Hi,

My 2 cents worth! Lol!

In the queuing version….

* I only lost xp/coins when I got a server timeout - to avoid this I would avoid having too many plots queued and save regularly (although sometimes you couldn't avoid it which was frustrating!)
* Coins/xp would finish tally while there was still about 50% of my "queued" plots still on screen. Once "pending changes have been saved" came up I knew I could leave (not sure why so many people couldn't understand they were not losing coins!)
* Only real problem I had was this mean I missed out on ploughing A LOT cause I would have to sit there for ages waiting for coins to finish adding on before the game would let me leave (even accepting plough offer did nothing, just sat there til coins finished!)

In the reverted / old version ...

* Harvesting one plot at a time is working quicker than before queue was introduced, my mini is moving a lot faster between plots, causing less "wait I'm busy" and i do love the fact that strategy is back! Hopefully it will hold up those who randomly click plots everywhere getting in the way of my nice neat lines lol
* I could be totally wrong…. But in my memory, you could always queue ploughing when working for others, didn't we have to wait to harvest each plot but you could plough a lot then duck to real estate and all xp/coins would be added at once? I am not that happy now you have to plough plot by plot it isn't worth the time for the coins lol

Thoughts / comments …

* The new "already done" feature that is still happening now is useless, as coins/xp are still tallying behind what you are doing, I finished harvesting with coins/xp still adding (all plots on screen harvested) and then had to sit there while "already done" message came up around 30 times!

* the harvesting tool icon is just a little big now LOL

* People should be able to hire as many workers as they want. Collision still happening with single plot ploughing, and always will because rude players don't look what others are doing. If I get hired and there are already a large number of people, I just say ty and leave.

* I would prefer single plot ploughing over server timeouts, but maybe there could be a compromise put in place, allow queuing but restrict the queue?? eg, you can click on 20 plots, but until those are done you can not click on any more.

* This is a game, but not a competition like someone else suggested it was, kick back, relax and enjoy.

* I also think it is worth remembering that whilst this isn't a charity and I presume Slashkey are making some reasonable coins themselves (lol ) that there isn't any need to be rude in the forum!

On a side note….

I love FT and all the new releases, but I truly believe there should be no more new releases until the memory leakage issue is fixed. I think there would be less collisions, already done etc if the screen was updating in real time, the constant split second freezes (or worse complete freezes) mean you never actually see what is going on correctly on the screen. A flash based game should not be bleeding so much and pushing upwards of 500,000k virtual mem. (Probably result in less angry posts as well!)

Thanks to the Devs and Forum Gatekeepers, I know you cop a lot of **** from people!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

---------------------

The Wooooooot Estate

*Waiting on my farmcash to arrive so i can get my 2nd farm... that is my xmas hols taken care of lol*

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

Last edited by angeskye; Dec 23 2009 at 05:06 AM. Reason: adding my signature block info since it just won't display lol