View Single Post
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

We have been monitoring you feedback and most likely we will be reverting to the old version early tomorrow and try to find a better compromise.

One of the alternatives that we considered was to only allow one worker harvesting and one worker plowing on your farm at the same time. This was also suggested by several other users on the other thread, however we thought that was going to be even more problematic.

Please provide some feedback about this other alternative on this thread, or if you rather prefer the way it was before, unlimited hiring, faster work but more potential for collisions and lost coins/XP.

thanks

--Raul
For what it is worth, I HATE the idea of only being able to hire one person (or any limit) at a time. Many of us have, since the early days, had "harvesting parties" where the whole point is to gather a large group together to all compete for the harvest (and now plowing). This would SIGNIFICANTLY change the dynamic of the game for me if we were limited in how many people we hired.

After reading the endless complaints here tonight, I went to the market, got hired and found that AS LONG AS I READ WHAT YOU HAD WRITTEN, I had no significant problem harvesting or plowing. I could NOT randomly click all over, and had to work one section of the farm at a time, but it was STILL MUCH EASIER and MUCH FASTER than it used to be a few months ago. Yes... it was A BIT slower, but still VERY REASONABLE. I am really having a very hard time understanding why everyone is SO upset about this - except that they have not given it a CHANCE, and have not made any attempt to adapt to the new way of harvesting.

I wonder how many people possibly did not have their preferences set correctly (sometimes updates reset them to an alternate setting) or how many of those (and I know it is not all of them) who are complaining are using programs to do their farming for them... Those are the only two reasons that I can see for the level of hostility I have seen tonight over this issue.

That is MY two cents worth - as a PLAYER, NOT as a mod.

Last edited by Wild; Dec 23 2009 at 02:36 AM.