View Single Post
Old Jun 02 2014, 08:17 PM
Account Not Linked

Default How do I get to the market place?

To get to one of the the Marketplaces click on the Map icon in the bottom right corner of the toolbar.

There are two Marketplaces in Farm Town:
  • The Job Marketplace (Work and Hire) - This is where most farmers wanting to hire others to work and farmers wanting work will go.

• The Trade Marketplace (Sell and Buy) - This is where those that are just selling or trading will go so they are much less likely to be disturbed by farmers wanting to hire others to work.

If you only want to sell and trade with other farmers go to the Trade Marketplace In the picture above it's indicated with a blue arrow, click on the Trade Marketplace to be taken there.

Go to the Job Marketplace (Work and Hire) when you want to hire someone. In the picture above it's indicated with a green arrow, click on Job Marketplace to be taken there.

When you arrive, Tom (Mayor of Farm Town) asks how he can help you.

If you are there to get work yourself you can just click on "Never Mind.. "., the message will clear and you will see who is at that Marketplace.

If you are there to hire a farmer, here are the basics, there are other ways to hire a farmer which are explained in the next post. Until you are familiar with the Marketplaces and the messages start with these:
Click on "I want to hire farm hands to help me in my farm. I hear I can make more money that way." The sentence is indicated with a red box in the picture below:

You will then see the following message:

Click on "Okay, thanks for the tip, I'll try that". The message will disappear and you will be able to see the market place and everyone that is there.

When you have been to the Job Marketplace a few times and are used to seeing Tom's message you can skip clicking on the "I want to hire farm hands to help me in my farm. I hear I can make more money that way.", and instead click on "Never Mind.. ". That will then skip the second message and you can go straight to clicking on an avatar to hire someone.

Some farmers will have colour coded text below their avatar, it may say what kind of jobs they are looking for, or perhaps if they have tools or fuel. The colours and how to change you own avatar status are explained in the following post.. What is the Marketplace for?

NOTE: You can only change your status message while you are in either of the Marketplaces.

Now you are ready to find someone to hire, you can scroll down to the next post to read instructions on How do I hire someone to work on my farm(s)?

Table of Contents

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 30 2023 at 09:18 AM.