View Single Post
Old May 07 2011, 11:25 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Some things to try to help the lag. First turn off the floating xps and coins, you will not believe how much that alone will help you out. Second go to this link http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html
and do two things. First set the limit to a higher limit, I have mine on 10mb. Second clear out your farm town data either by deleting all sites or looking for chn,slashkey.com and deleting that one. Deleting all will not hurt anything it will just make all websites that use flash get fresh data on the next load. Third thing to try is a different browser, I use Fire fox and chrome with no problems, I left IE behind long ago.

A fire button is a very bad idea. In this case it would be a case where it should be used but it would be very abused by others. When she said she was on the phone I would have hired someone else to finish the job I wouldn't have waited 45 minutes. I have hired people that have the 4x4 and they will click the mouse then wait a minute and click again, then wait a minute and click again. While I do not expect people to finish in 2 seconds and don't even mind waiting on a 1x1 to do the job, they need to be working at a reasonable speed. If they are being very slow I go hire someone else to finish the job.
Thanks for the reply and info JAS. As for the fire button, you are absolutely right. I guess I didn't think of it being abused because I wouldn't abuse it.

As for the Combine issue, I clear my cache several times a day and I go through all the troubleshooting tips posted in the Forum about once a month. Floating XP's and coins have been turned off since that option was made available, macromedia settings were changed a long time ago and I still check them when I go through the troubleshooting guide. I've been using Firefox for at least 8 months if not longer. Tried Chrome and hated it. IE doesn't ever get opened on my computer.

Update on the performance - I now own the Combine and I can work other farms with no problem. Today several people used it on my farms with no flash crash for me. But then.....I hired someone who was using the 4x4 and it crashed. Rebooted, hired someone else for another farm and it crashed again (also with the person using 4x4). I'm at a loss. Perhaps it's my computer. Perhaps still a bit of a bug with the new tools. This too shall pass (I hope!)

Thanks again for your reply.