View Single Post
Old Jun 09 2018, 10:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJones277 View Post
I hate to keep posting about this, but something has to be done about making this contest fair. Just a quick check and I find that one of my neighbors that has a team I'm competing against is on my team as well. That's unfair to her, that every time she accumulates points in goes to my team, too. Also, I'm on a neighbor's team that I'm competing against, so all my points go to her team as well. I know the devs are working on this, but enough is enough. They either need to suspend the contest until it's fixed or get some new rules.

Yes, I know the avatar names of most people I play FT with. I've also double checked with these people I mention to confirm what's going on this week.
Hi NJones,
You are only 1 part of her team as she is only 1 part of your team. So only the points you make (not your total team's points) go on her total as well as her points (not her team's points) go on your total. Those are only small parts of your totals.

The contest is not going to be suspended. You are grouped against teams that start out with the same number (or as close as can be) of facilities in the contest. If you are neighbors and competing against each other it is because there were not enough other teams with near the same amount of facilities. There is nothing they can do about this if there are not enough others for you to compete against. You have the option of not competing in the cointests by unchecking the box in your preferences for "Enable NCC"
Yes the developers are working on changing some of the way the points are accumulated, but that in not going to change who you are competing against due to the limited number of competitors that have the same amount of facilities as you do.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.