View Single Post
Old Dec 23 2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
Every time you do an update, you have people complaining. You can't please everyone all of the time.

This is a social game. In less than a year, you have 28M people playing. So it shows that people like the game.

This new way is an improvement, as far as speed goes, from FT v1, yet much slower than the queued version. People screamed bloody murder when queued harvesting/plowing was released. Some loved it, some hated it.

I believe the faster queued version speed destroyed the social aspect. Most people do not hang out and talk while plowing or waiting for the meters to fill. They do their job and leave. As quickly as possible, moving to the next job. I've not met and and buddied/became friends with one person that I have hired from the Marketplace because they wanted to hang out & chat. Most of my buddies/neighbors are from before this fast plowing/harvesting or just recently from the forum.

If this version stops people from losing xps/coins, especially since they are not being replaced, then I think this is a better version... for the moment. If you lose some players, then so be it... you will gain others. And you can still figure out an alternative.

However, that alternative should NOT be limiting the amount of workers. I harvest with friends, and have done so since I started the game. Its very rare that I even bother working from the marketplace. With friends, I can work with from one up to 20 people and have fun. I am here for the social aspect of the game, to meet people.. not to zoom up levels or become a millionaire in days.

Even when I hire from the marketplace, the farm with 488 crops, I usually hire one or two people. The one with 1024 crops, I hire four when hiring from the MP.. only friends will my 1024 crops to themselves. It is PURE GREED people who are begging you to go back to the fast version and limit it to one or two people. That's just ludicrous. People looking for work in the marketplace would get LESS WORK, because players would stick with their friends. I'd rather make my friends rich than some random strangers in the Marketplace.

If I had to hire one person from the Marketplace to harvest, and one to plow, I WOULD NOT BE PLAYING.

I VOTE TO KEEP THIS SLOWER VERSION, while trying to come up with a sensible alternative.

You had players BEFORE you added "turbo harvesting/plowing" and you'll continue to have and gain players without it.

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of posts from people who are losing xps/coins, and reverting to the previous way is just basically flipping them the bird, especially since you aren't reimbursing them. It's not fair at all to them. I can't even believe the amount of posts now that say "Oh so what about a few xps/coins lost.." You have people complaining of not reaching levels because of lost xps...

Please reconsider.
Thank you Nadine - I came in here to post my SUPPORT of this new version (well ok, some of it...), but Nadine said a lot of my thoughts very well. I just harvested a large field this morning & found everything to be moving VERY smoothly -& quite honestly, I was at least as fast as before because everything seemed much more stable (& I'm a fast clicker)....no jumping around of the screen, just smooth & efficient.

Also, I don't know what's changed, but my avatar did not have to wait when I clicked several plots away from the last harvested plot...is that a change as of this morning?

I'm still getting used to the plowing - it sort of hurts my eyes to have everything jump around, & it doesn't seem as stable as the harvesting, but I love seeing the plots plowed & finished instantly!

I haven't been having troubles with my xp's for the past couple of weeks, but it was potentially crazy-making while I was, so anything that stabilizes that is helpful, imho!

The only things I really don't like about the new update are 1) the size of the scythe - OVERKILL, imho - it really is distracting & gets in the way, and 2) the plowing issues on the layered fields (but I'm OK w/ that....would easily give that up for the other advantages)

I'll keep playing no matter what, but I LIKE the changes so far, & think it just takes awhile getting used to. For those who simply cannot adjust to something new, you'll have a harder time in life - use this as practice & good luck