View Single Post
Old Apr 01 2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
You must not plat any zynga games. The reason they have more daily players is because they have to constantly ask friends to send them things so the can build stuff or do missions. They also get rewards for playing everyday. I do not play Fv but a different zynga game gives you in game cash if you play 6 days in a row. Now I don’t want ft to be like zynga but something like that might get ft more players.
I play both Cityville and FV, the #1 and #3 FB apps. I'm a fairly advanced player in FV but more casual in CV. Neither of them offer what I would consider major incentive to play every day. Certainly not FC.

I didn't play any Zynga games for a long time and I, like others here, was contemptuous of the constant stream of posts from some of my friends. I actually had to unblock FV to begin playing it when a very dear friend asked me to help her. What I found once I began playing was that the people that were into the game viewed all these posts quite differently. It is how they interact with their friends and neighbors. They don't look at is as badgering or a chore but rather as helping and they mostly look forward to it. Here we plow, harvest, work each others facilities to interact more directly on our farms. There the interaction is more via the feed. Different, but it works.

This game is much more flexible and works equally well, whether your aim is to accumulate points or decorate your farm in the most imaginative way. FV is much more one-dimensional, IMO. It's also and easier, simpler game. I've tried to bring people over and met with little success. Often the reaction is that it's boring or it's too much work.

I'm not suggesting FT needs to become FV, far from it, but I think some perspective is in order and I think some lessons can be learned.