View Single Post
Old Sep 29 2017, 06:31 PM

La Rinnovata Pizzigoni School - Farm 1
The Renovated Pizzigoni was born by the will of Giuseppina Pizzigoni (1870-1947), a unique teacher who knew how to make this school really special. "This is a school a bit different from other primary schools in Milan The difference and strength of our school, compared to the "classics", is in the fact that it has 22,000 square meters of park with gardens, plants and animals that are part of the didactics. The presence within the Renovation of a real farm, , allows children to make continuous direct observations and practical experiences. For example: milk is studied by visiting a stable of a farm; the bread sowing, picking, grinding and cooking the bread itself; plants and herbs are also grown; soap is made to understand how it is done. Or they learn geometry, literally "on the field". The pupils, in fact, study the shapes of small plots of land to be cultivated that are entrusted to them, according to one of Giuseppina Pizzigoni's main teachings: from experience to teaching. Learning must be deductive and non-inductive: this is one of the main features of the Pizzigoni method. My son's school, I did my best to reproduce as faithfully as possible, There are many photos on Google, It's a paradise for children

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...205&farm_ix=13

Last edited by marymarcel; Sep 29 2017 at 06:56 PM. Reason: farm photo fixed