View Single Post
Old Dec 31 2016, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryalexander View Post
My first ship just came back without making it to all ports and the return was disappointingly small. All that effort to load and to check and I get twice as much on full train with a fraction of the effort. Glad I stopped with the purchase of the second one.

A friend just wrote: "This whole ship thing is a real pain .... you end up with the same amount as a 10 car train, but have to work for hours to get it ....I may just put it all on hold until they revise it somehow."

Mine are going in to dry dock until Raul and crew can make it worth the effort. Farm Town is a fantastic program and a wonderful way to spend spare time. Looking forward to the next release!
Perry, to you and your friend and countless others here in the forum that feels the amount of work required just to get the same as a full train. First of all, I agree it requires a lot of work and I am weighing my options on whether it justifies my time. But, I am also a train owner, and yes I can sit back on my laurels and wait for the train to come back (always full ) , but the difference is cost. To get a full ship of products cost a few coin (free) and yes a ton of work. For the train to bring back that much is 630 FC (excluding the engine). The reason for 630 FC is that the ship carries the same products as 18 different train freight cars. So the options are, FREE with a ton of work, 630 FC and sit back and relax, or do both if you are rich and a glutton for punishment. Anything else would be devaluating the money I spent on trains.