View Single Post
Old May 23 2011, 05:52 AM
Account Not Linked

Send a message via MSN to auntyPix
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hessel View Post
I have completely given up on hiring for work on my farms. Between the ones that leave 20+ squares unpicked and then want to plow, and the ones who leave just after starting the job, it has proven to be futile. I just pick my own crops 5x5 and auto plow, and also work at the market. Given the lack of jobs at the market place most nights, I suspect that this is a fairly widespread thing. I do hire neighbors, but thats it. If people complain about not getting work, there are reasons. It has just become faster to avoid the hassle of trying to hire good help. It's too bad the good newbies have to pay the price for all the poor players who try to cherry pick their jobs. Too bad FT can't track the ones who quit and leave a job undone. That said, I love the game and an as addicted as ever. Thanks guys for a great sim!
I don't like hiring from the market any more either. I find these days that people are being 'too nice' about being hired - won't do this, will only do that etc, and then having to chase around your farm after they have harvested, especially trees! and gather what they missed is really frustrating. This is always supposing you are successful in hiring anyone to begin with. they disappear as you click on them, they turn you down, they totally ignore your hire request. As for getting work from the market, well there are a lot of changes there too. what is the protocol, if i am hired, with another player, to harvest, & i use tools & the other player does not? Do i greedily rush around with my harvester because i have been hired to harvest or do i harvest only some & leave some - usually a lot! - for the other player? or should i put my harvester away & use the manual clicker?
I tell you, it is easier & quicker to do it myself & get the xp's from my neighbours facilities.