View Single Post
Old Jun 29 2017, 02:24 PM
Account Not Linked

It seems the cargo ships are defeating the purpose of a "social" game. It's really causing a lot of animosity, and I'm not an exception to that.

I have several people I have to replace, or skip, because my ships will sit there for a day or more. I did a little experiment and left *their* ships in my port instead of moving them on. I wanted to see how long they would sit there before they skipped me. Days. It appears these people are dispatching their ships, but not returning to the game again, or ignoring their ports. And yet I have to continually replace them when I dispatch my ships and I'm running out of reliable replacements.

I didn't "do" ships myself for a long time. Now, I'm running out of animal products, so thought I'd go ahead and give it a try. Took me a long time to realize the "take" for those is almost negligible, and when you have to skip five or more ports to bring the ship home, it's almost nothing. But I *do* get a *lot* of stuff I don't need.

Fortunately, I haven't received "hate mail" from people about working ships. I did get a message from a friend asking if I would move her's on, but I posted on my wall to please do that in case I forget to check into FT.

I hope the devs rethink the ship thing. It's great that it doesn't take so long to dispatch the ships now, but the reward isn't worth the hassle.