View Single Post
Old Feb 05 2015, 07:06 PM
Seraphina Warrior
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandee parlor View Post
yes I see those rules and understand them,however I was referring to the forums decision of block by block entries and their decision was 'not accepting them for now...'to my understand of it any....and yes I congratulate any winner and my questions do not take that away from them I just wanted an understanding of the decision made by the forum. So now I understand we can all down load graphs online and just do block by block entries and submit them as our designs and of course just add a few farm buildings around the place to make up a picture....that should make designing alot easier...I did a block by block entry once but it was my own pattern/design that I drew and create from my own brain...a whole different story..the superman entry can be seen as a graph and downloaded on line I might add...
Hi Sandee, I have moved your posts to the Feedback section, as the Winners thread is purely for those who wish to congratulate the winners. There has never been a decision to not accept what you refer to as "block by block". I believe that we eliminated picture farms of any nature, for one competition. As I have previously stated on an earlier post, we have had many farms entered, which are what we call "picture farms" or indeed had areas of a farm that are a "picture". There is no way for us to know whether a graph/cross stitch has been used, or if it has been done freehand, from a picture that was used for inspiration. As we know, many designers, use pictures as "inspiration" and to try and distinguish one from the other, would be impossible. As you have stated, you yourself, have created a picture farm, and by the same respect, we would not be able to determine whether you used a graph, or whether it was done "freehand". The only way for us to regulate this type of farm , would be to exclude picture farms from all future competitions, and that is not an option at this present time. Have a wonderful evening