View Single Post
Old Jan 18 2015, 03:57 PM
Seraphina Warrior
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Duzzit View Post
Is the use of cross-stitch patterns or graphs permissible in these competitions? Someone asked me, and I said I didn't think it was since it is using copyrighted images/designs for the purpose of winning a contest. It says nothing in the rules about it, so could someone enlighten me, please?
Hi EZ Duzzit, We have had many farms entered, which are what we call "picture farms" or indeed had areas of a farm that are a "picture". There is no way for us to know whether a graph/cross stitch has been used, or if it has been done freehand, from a picture that was used for inspiration. As we know, many designers, use pictures as "inspiration" and to try and distinguish one from the other, would be impossible. The only way for us to regulate this type of farm , would be to exclude picture farms from all future competitions, and that is not an option at this present time. Therefore ,I can only say, that unless it is stipulated otherwise in the present competition, as an exclusion, then farms of this nature, are fine to enter. Have a great day!