View Single Post
Old Dec 12 2017, 10:39 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Not happy about "Taste Of" facilities

I wish that FT had never started on the various "Taste Of" facilities. I like owning restaurants, and that is one area where I've consistently spent FC to purchase facilities. After all, the original concept of FT was farming, and farm produce goes into food, so restaurants are a logical outcome. I've always been far more interested in them than most of the other facilities, and I've loved the introduction of restaurants that incorporate cuisine from all around the world. And, especially since most of the restaurants cost FC (and why is that, anyway?), I've liked that there was no corresponding service facility to spend even more FC on.

Alas, that last bit is no longer true with the introduction of "Taste Of" facilities. While the restaurants in general are attractive facilities/buildings, I think the "Taste Of" facilities look stupid. They are not a logical outcome of the restaurants and do not correspond to anything in real life, but have clearly been introduced for the sole purpose of providing a means to increase profits from restaurants. I'm simply not interested in spending more FC on this concept.

This would be fine - I never felt a need to own every facility or follow every new thing that FT puts out - except that unfortunately for me, it also means that quests that I could once have completed by owning a restaurant, I will no longer be able to if the product needs to be subsequently loaded into a "Taste Of" facility. I love doing quests, both regular and cooperative. I accept that I can't do them all because there are many facilities I don't own, but this introduction of "Taste Of" facilities just adds a sour "taste" to this aspect of the game.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20