View Single Post
Old Feb 24 2011, 05:02 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to ScottLanter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charo View Post
The xp is strictly a measure used to determine levels, which unlocks new things. It gives people goals to work toward and keeps the game fresh, as you cannot buy everything available in the game - some things have to be earned.

As I said before, you don't get anything by preventing another person from leveling. You don't "win" Farm Town. Just because you make it into a race doesn't mean that it is a race. This isn't the "world series" of internet farming. Nobody "wins" versus another player here. Your level 185 is the same as my level 185, although I'm sure you have a lot more xp than me.

And though you may focus on the word "race" - even if you substitute the word "competition" it doesn't change the fact that the person without tools now has to race to get a few plots before you scoop them all up. It's a race.
You can't lose Farm Town, either. So, I suppose it doesn't make any difference if someone misses out on harvesting or plowing a few plots on a farm.

Again, if a person chooses not to purchase 4X4 equipment, that's entirely up to them. But, someone who has invested in the equipment shouldn't feel obligated to wait on the 1X1 harvester/plower, either.