View Single Post
Old Oct 28 2017, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
OK I may not be firing on all cylinders this morning! These new Facility chains (which I think is a great idea BTW just need to understand it). If I make a Facility a chain is it permanent or do I select a new one next week and this weeks one reverts to normal? If I change my mind can I cancel a facility being a chain and choose another? Is there a time limit every week on how long we have to choose? How do I know if a neighbour has a chain for me to export to? Sorry about the questions - as I said I'm not really with it today
I was just getting ready to post a similar question. Here's my question - one of the rules is this:

"9. One final and important rule is that if facility X is related to facility Y, at any given time you can have a chain of facility X or a chain of facility Y but not both. This will incentivize players owning a chain of X to trade products with neighbours owning a chain of Y."

If a chain only lasts for a week or some limited about of time, then 9 makes sense to me - sorta But if they're permanent, how are we going to know whether we'd rather start a chain with facility X or facility Y? The fact that it says "at any given time" makes me think they're NOT permanent but I also don't see anything indicating how long they DO last? I can see that maybe down the road it will all make sense but I'd love to understand a bit more of the strategy. I think for now I may just go ahead and jump in and try one - but I'm still going to keep reading here so I can learn from what the mods and other users say.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫