Old Sep 03 2015, 10:59 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
There have been some users complaining about the quantities of the new train cars to be too small, just as a comparison, for example in the case of the crop car, it delivers about 11500 crops, if you have 1 turbo locomotive with your friends helping this is equivalent to harvesting almost 4 40x40 farms fully planted (no space between fields) with highly demanded crops every 2 days.
This is true, however exactly 40% of those (approximately) 11500 are 12-hour crops. Since I have in storage 175,000 flax and 79,000 soybeans, I really don't need a train car to bring me another 1,500 of those every other day. Even sugarcane is something I need to plant only once in a while (precisely because it grows so quickly). What I really would like is for the train car to deliver a lot more of the 3-day crops, particularly corn and onions, that I do have to keep planted every single day. And 784 of each of those, even if I had a turbo locomotive to have them delivered every 2 days, just isn't enough to make it worth my while. This business of the train bringing more of the quick-growing crops and fewer of the slower-growing crops is consistent with some of the other aspects of the game (particularly the bonuses), but it is inverse to my actual needs. In fact, the faster a crop grows, the less need I feel to have my harvests supplemented.

I don't really have any expectation or hope of the FT crew doing anything to change this; I just wanted to explain my reasoning.

PS - I don't mean to sound like an ungrateful wretch. I love FT, and in this release I particularly like (besides the new levels) the "show all farms info at once" feature, and I'm looking forward to the arrival of the Canadian restaurant.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by earlgray; Sep 03 2015 at 11:06 PM.