View Single Post
Old May 01 2019, 09:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJones277 View Post
I really hate posting another complaint about this contest, however, the definition of a contest is to compete against others, not yourself. When this particular contest started, I was in 2nd place. But I'm in the neighborhood of the 4 that are ahead of me now thanks to my score. I will finish in 5th. I don't want to stop competing, but there has to be a way to make this contest more fair.
Hi NJones,

I moved your post to the General Feedback thread about the NCC as you are not asking for help about a problem you have or asking a question about the contest.
Even though you may be competing against 4 of your neighbors, you don't all have the same group of neighbors. Even though your points are applied to all of their totals, their points they add are also added to your total. Any additional points come from your other neighbors and their additional points come from their other neighbors.
Though competing against your own neighbors is not common, it does happen if there are not enough others that have nearly the same amount of facilities to start with.
If you have a suggestion on how to make the contest fairer then please post it in the Suggestions section.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.