View Single Post
Old Jun 29 2012, 08:07 AM

Cool

CynthiaSue sez ...

Quote:
I just figured it out. If I plant a field of 1000 plots with Acorn Squash, I will get 2000 cause I fertilize, so will make approximately 1600 per plot. Multiply that by 1000plots, and you have 1,600,000. Making 10 million plus ingredients I keep pays off alot better than planting a field of Acorn Squash. I think perhaps that people just enjoy planting a field more than they do working facilities. It could be the same thing as fishing. Some things are just not enjoyable enough for people to put the effort into doing them.
Don't sell the cash crop short.

Add 71% bonuses from belts and dans to the Acorn Squash and you'll get more like 2.7 harvests per plot, netting about 2100 coins per plot if you use a hired harvester. With a 5x5 Combine a good player can harvest/plough, sow, or harvest/plough/sow 1000 contiguous plots in about a minute. Ten farms at 1000 plots per farm (no overlapping or layers), fertilised and irrigated, nets you about 21 million every other day, for perhaps 15 minutes of your own time to hire the harvester and sow the fields. (I don't count the time it takes for your hired hand to harvest and plough for you, as you can spend that time doing other things.)

Of course, many facilities use crops - some need lots of crops to keep 'em filled. So even if you choose to be an industrialist and even if you hire others to harvest and plough for you, you are still going to spend a lot of time pushing a seeder!

[Later] I wrote the above when sleepy and lazily used OP's 800 coin net return. The net return on Acorn Squash is actually better than shown above because the 500 coin seed cost is paid only once. Thus the potential net return on a fertilised 6th dan plot of Acorn Squash, harvested and ploughed by a neighbour (10 coins to plough), is actually up to (1342 * 2.71) - (500 + 10) = 3127 coins, not a mere 2100. So the 10,000 plots in my example could return 31 million coins every other day for just 15 minutes work.

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm

Last edited by Gregh; Jun 29 2012 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Correction to crop return figure