View Single Post
Old Jan 27 2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Wing View Post
I don't see anything wrong with a fun challenge as long as the hirees in the MP understand that it's a game. Otherwise as you say, hit the ignore button.
Any farmers at the marketplace who don't understand that it's a game are confusing 'Farmtown' with real farming ... something that just strikes me as absurd ...

Quote:
However, the following happened to me, and it was definitely wrong(review LW's experience!) I refuse to participate in a little power/control play just so that some whack-doodle can feel like a Master of the Universe.
Oh, I am sooo with you, LW - this individual was beyond the pale - and sounds a bit like a Nazi SS personality, IMHO. I would have run like a frightened bunny - but here's something that might not have occurred to you ... anyone at the marketplace can find out your level, and your xp, just by visiting your farm (they need no invitation, you understand ... just clicking the player's avatar, one can visit the player's farm[s]). I don't confuse someone asking me how much 'coin' I have at FT with asking me how much 'coin' I have, in 'real' life! lol That said, I can just imagine what this 'individual' was doing, whilst he was lining up all his potential victims! lol

Quote:
ElkRiverRancher, your method of hiring sounds harmless and if I ever meet you in the MP I might give it a go if you offer it. But I am proceeding with caution these days especially when someone wants to know my financial worth. What's next, asking me what color thong I wear???

Oop. TMI!

Little Wing
I find the employment test stimulates conversation ... and IMHO, this game was developed with a 'chat' window for just that purpose. Otherwise, why have the potential to have 'conversations', at all? Farmville is the place for those 'players' who don't wish to communicate with other players, no?

Well, speaking of employment, etc., I have two farms, ready to reap and plow. TTFN!