View Single Post
Old Feb 08 2013, 01:15 PM

I agree with many of you. I have all the tools, including a turbo boat, combine, the works. When I am hired and there are other workers struggling along, obvious newbies, I start at the last farm and work my way up. As stated before, it helps prevent crops from going to waste, and I know my "boss" is getting his/her stores filled up with goodies for facilities or to sell. I leave work for newbies so they can get xp's and harvests. We all started this game ignorant and in need of time and experience, and I want newbies to learn as much as they can so they can get the pleasure I do out of the game, and to stick with it like many of us have over the years. I LOVE the dimmer option. I do it so it totally hides what isn't needed to be worked on, then I know when I'm done. Clicking on the bonus also lets you know when you've got it all, a great feature.

Regarding hiring for my own farms: I still haven't figured out the best method of getting all jobs on all farms done 100% of the time other than doing it myself. Many newbies are intimidated by the size of my farms and the level of work needed. Some folks are either greedy or just don't have all the tools so they leave what they don't want or can't quickly do. I wish they would message me, or not take the job, but that just doesn't happen. People are, first and foremost, pretty self-oriented and harvest what they want, leave what they don't, and there's no guarantee unless you hire someone you already know who has reliably worked for you in the past. Of course, and somewhat aggravating, there are no bonuses for working for neighbors/ buddies. That should be changed. Devotion and dedication should be rewarded, and going through the effort over a period of time to develop FT friendships should result in some benefit.

Overall, the turn of the game is general improvement, though. I like how the upgrades do tend to make the game better and better. They must, MUST, separate crops from trees and flowers soon. That is a drag for the greedy ones who leave trees and flowers.... It forces us to only hire for trees and flowers either as a multihire or when the crops are not ready. An inconvenience, and not a huge one, but a bother nonetheless.

I find, too, that clear communication at the time of being hired or when hiring helps a lot. Most people on FT are polite and understanding and want to please. It's just a few bad eggs that make it hard at times.

Happy farming, all!

Becky