View Single Post
Old Jul 29 2017, 10:39 PM

I had been having the same issues and reported it to Facebook so far no response but tried something that worked for me and Farm Town is now fully working in Gameroom again.

These are the steps I took

1. Deleted Facebook Gameroom link on the desktop
2. Turned on Hidden Files this is need to Delete Facebook Gameroom as it is in a hidden directory. Deleting this will cause no issues with anything else
3. Went to Local Disk C:/Users/Account Name/AppData/Local/Facebook
The Folder named Facebook has the updater if it was used and another folder containing all the Facebook Gameroom files.

You need to delete the folder called Facebook only

4. empty recycle bin

5. goto web browser of your choosing and open Facebook and click on Farm Town link and it should show do you want to play in Gameroom below that is says install click that once downloaded install it installs the updated version which is a full new version.

Since I have taken those steps everything simply works again as per normal with Farm Town in gameroom.

For me and possibly others the update part of Gameroon seems to break things each time it updates so I will be taking the above steps when I see the updater kicking in to be sure nothing gets broken