View Single Post
Old Apr 03 2017, 10:06 PM

In the early days, of FT, evidently, some people found that they could increase production on their fields, by "overlapping/stacking" their plots. Additionally, they found that they could also "layer" their fields (multiplying several unplanted fields), putting 4 day crops on the bottom, 3 days next etc (or even several 1 day crops one above the other). Evidently this latter practice was taken away, leaving farmers to overlap/stack their fields. The tools to be able to work the fields, recognizes a principle of "grandfathering" as it were, allowing farmers to be able to continue to use fields on which they've spent considerable time and effort making it possible to keep up with the demands of production. Myself, I've got multiple 3x overlap fields and have attempted on two fields 9x and found, at least in one case, that even though it wasn't done right, I gained a lot of additional plots. It's a bit difficult, yet it doesn't take that long to harvest/sow. On another field, I may yet take the time to try the 9x overlap again and hope I get it right. This game, has always been one of neighbor helping neighbor and when people take issue with a tool whiich helps any farmer do a job a little faster, freeing them to maybe work someones facilities or harvest a neighbors fields, then it becomes a disincentive to help other nieghbors. As once was said in another civil unrest situation "can't we all just get along?"