View Single Post
Old Feb 23 2011, 08:10 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to ScottLanter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charo View Post
Farm Town isn't a race. There isn't a prize for having the most xp, or the most stuff. It is more like Seinfeld, except in the context of farming. Yes, there are levels that present a challenge for players. But you don't gain anything by stopping another player from leveling.

By hogging everything, you potentially turn other players off from the game, which means less work for everyone since you lose a participant in the market. And more importantly, you potentially turn away another source of income for Slashkey, to keep this game going.

Is it really worth that, being "competitive" in this non-competitive game?
I didn't say it was a race. I said it was competitive....like games are intended to be. And, nobody can stop another player from leveling, as there are always jobs to be had in the marketplace. If some players choose not to purchase Farm Cash and obtain the 4X4 equipment, that is entirely their choiice. But, as one who did make that investment to enhance my game playing, I will utilize the 4X4 equipment to their maximum. The farmer who hires me is wanting the job done so he/she can plant. I won't keep them waiting. After all, they're competing against their neighbors, and time means money for them.