Old Jan 12 2018, 09:40 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsinore View Post
Unfortunately, they will always find a way. "Herding cats" comes to mind. You can't change what they do, only what you do. For me, I just do my own farms. BUT if I find someone who does a good job, I Buddy them so I can contact them again. Yes, they are quite rare anymore.

I think the problems you're writing about are also the reasons why it's so hard to actually GET hired in the Market Place now. When I had an hour or so to kill and just wanted to "chill" I would hire out to do some farms. But it seems now there are lots of people looking for work, but few that are actually hiring. And I don't blame them.

I'd like to see a way to "fire" someone who is behaving badly. That would require a new feature, though, because trying to catch those little avatars while they are hopping around -- just to send them a message, for instance -- is almost impossible. :-)
I agree we need a "Fired" option that would kick them off the farm if they are not doing what they are hired for.. unfortunately I don't see that happening any time soon.... I get frustrated when I hire someone who claims they can do the work, then find they have no idea how to use my Extent tools (Combine) and are instead harvesting, then plowing afterwards.. as well as not unticking the boxes in preferences so the farms load easier.. I have been lucky in the past to find good workers and must admit if I see someone (who was useless) in the market again I tend to click on them and hit the Ignore button so I don't ever hire them again.. a bit drastic but at the moment its the only way..