View Single Post
Old Dec 02 2017, 08:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasStar View Post
"9. One final and important rule is that if facility X is related to facility Y, at any given time you can have a chain of facility X or a chain of facility Y but not both. This will incentivize players owning a chain of X to trade products with neighbours owning a chain of Y."

I made a chain of Marina Supplies factories. I planned to do a chain of the Marina (service) facilities. My neighbor was planning to do the same so we could import and export to each other, because these factories/service facilities were ones that having a duplicate facility for each would be beneficial for regular production/services, as well as being able to import/export to each other. As I read rule number 9, we will not be able to do this? I planned to import the goods she produced in her Marina Supplies for my Marina Chain, and she planned to import the goods I produced in my Marina Supplies to her Marina Chain. We were planning on trading but looks like we will not be able to do so in this way. We knew we couldn't use our own exports in our service facilities but I don't understand why we cannot have an associated chain to trade with our neighbors, as rule #9 seems to indicate. Just want to check to see if it is correct ... it seems pretty clear but just want to verify. If this is correct it will limit our ability to work with neighbors to some extent. Thanks ...
Hi Texas Star,
You are reading the rule correctly that you cannot have both parts of a chain. If you wish to make a suggestion to change it please post it in the Suggestions section. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.