View Single Post
Old Dec 22 2016, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftjill View Post
Quoting the release notes: A fully Prepared Ship carrying the 10 containers, which also completes the full voyage throughout the 30 Ports, will bring the same amount of Products as a fully loaded Train that includes all the Freight Cars.

The notes say the same amount of products but do not say the products are the same. I'm hopeful that the ships will carry a couple of products I need that are not currently available with a freight train car.

Currently there are 19 freight train cars so I think each ship container will carry a greater variety of products. (stating the obvious here).

I have enjoyed the discussion about the ships - it's made me go back and reread the notes a few times. Feeling prepared with some possible strategies.
I absolutely love your comment "(stating the obvious here)". To be obvious, you would have to be looking at the contents of the containers. I HAVE seen the contents of the containers. When they first started getting ready for the startup at the end of last month, I happened to run across all ten different colored containers in the store. There were for zero coin cost , but you couldn't buy any. However they did have the "?" in the corner so I opened each one hoping for new content. NOTHING!! I was disappointed. But I did study each one and the way they are getting the (Train) products from 19 cars was by merging the products. A few hours later the containers were hidden or removed from the store. I wish I had the forethought to take a pic of contents from each container, but I didn't. The one that effects me the most is contents of Quarry car (copper ore, zinc ore, etc...) and from the Hopper car (gold, silver, quartz,...etc). They combined the products from those two train cars into one color of the containers. Nothing new was there. I believe the lumber and the logs were combined and so on. We should know I am guessing AFTER Christmas because I have supported software before and NO WAY would I start a complex project like this knowing there will be problems to deal with and a staff that wants to open present with their kids. I can wait....