View Single Post
Old Apr 25 2016, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Tater View Post
Understand and do all that. Use IE, Firefox and did use Chrome but it does not play well with other programs. Now use Firefox for working facilities and IE for general farming. IE works better for speed of clicking. Something I don't think is being pointed out is that Flash for IE is integrated with IE and Windows and is not a stand along program. It is for Chrome and Firefox. But back to my original statement and opinion is that layering and stacking is not overall good for the game. It changes the nature of the game, less realism.

I find that the "nature" or the direction of the game is quantity.... lots of factories available and thus the need for lots of crops, trees, fish, etc.

Now, if a player needs lots of trees(apples for example), they most likely plant them right next to each other in large clusters or sections..... not spread out like a realistic apple orchard. The devs also recognized this when they changed the footprint for the oak trees.

Same need is addressed with staggered crops. I have some farms that are 40x40 and 9x staggered. They yield 60,000 plus with bonuses and are no problem to load. When a player can use my combine they get lots of points and crops.

As for layering... well, I appreciate those who prefer to place trees on top of crops on top of facilities etc. Maybe I am just OCD, but I don't care for that "mess" IMHO.

As for these methods not being good for the game..... whose game? Yours, mine or anothers? We each play as we prefer to play... no problem for me.