View Single Post
Old Apr 24 2016, 10:27 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santmyer View Post
My response is if all of us that choose to spend a little money each month to enjoy the game stopped that habit there would be no farm town left for those that choose not to spend money on the game.
True. Where your treasure is, your heart will be also. I once played a FB game I loved enough to invest money into it, but back then you could pay cash for cards at your local store and redeem them on the game. No need for credit cards, giving your personal information to FB, etc. FB put a stop to that, and that put a stop to all my FB spending. Then my beloved game closed and all I'd invested into it was gone forever.

Eventually, FarmTown will inevitably close, too. You put your heart, time, and money into the game now and enjoy it for the present, and that's all you're paying for -- like enjoying a dinner at a restaurant, as another player put it. But we all prioritize our time and our money, and those who love a game enough to pay money into it benefit those who don't love the game as much. That's how it is with every FB game.