View Single Post
Old Jul 06 2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormania View Post
How in the name of all things Farm Town can anyone not be "rich enough"...? LOL @ these newbies that have no concept of 1 square at a time plow, plant and harvest... Back then, a 3 day crop took 3 days to be ready to harvest... And, with the addition of being able to use the fuel and tools of others (thanks, by the way), you can make a gozillion coins a day !!! Facilitate and get friends to work them... There are a million ways to advance in this game, it just takes planning and effort...
Thankfully, the game has grown such that “these newbies” don't have to go through what us original Beta players went through to earn coins and advance in the game. The addition of using other player's tools and fuel is, in my opinion, one of the greatest additions to the game in terms of keeping the interest of lower level players as they try to decipher how to play the game.

Something needs to be changed regarding the importance of neighbors for advancing in the game. Not working facilities or farms, but the reliance upon neighbors to advance in farms/levels.

I took a look and I have 34 neighbors, of which a grand total of 2 are still active players. Without looking at the game docs, does anyone here know how many neighbors you need to have just to purchase Farm #3? Other farms? How they impact storage? You know, those 500+ storage spaces don't just happen, right?

Once upon a time, neighbors were important for spreading word about a cool new game that turned the farming game concept on its head. But, in my opinion, there is now an over-reliance on neighbors to advance in a largely single player game. I am not proposing a major overhaul, just a re-visiting of the level of importance in a day and age of Facebook privacy concerns.

Maybe something like a tie to “active” neighbors or your activity (visits, work, referrals etc...) on neighbors farms vs. a mass invite of neighbors, most of whom will help you for a while, but not really play the game as much as you.

I agree that there are a million ways to advance in this game, and almost all of them are viable ways to play the game. The challenge is to revisit what has not worked so that new players can have fun learning the game, instead of having to work to demystify the game enough to simply play.